Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

He’ll be entering his prime years when we sign him then.

Shame that the timing just wasn’t right.

We just had a poor season when he was moving and needs in a couple of positions. Could’ve been different, I’m pretty sure the club would’ve went for it if things were in better place than they are at the moment. No guarantees it would’ve happened against Real, but I fully believe we would’ve tried. Like we probably did, but realized early enough that it’s a no-go from multiple angles and both sides.

Onto other players and who knows, maybe our paths meet at some point in the future.

Real do what they do every now and again if not often, world’s biggest club.

1 Like

We should have got him for that price.

https://twitter.com/kevinhatchard/status/1666456021940809728?t=CjoKi9x19H71dJLPwDnS2Q&s=09

The love affair is over. That’s it, Jude is a Real Madrid player. At least he didn’t go to our domestic rivals.

:pleading_face: :broken_heart:

1 Like

Don’t worry about it.

Mascot said in Jan he was confident we’d sign him if he was around the 100m mark, have a bit of faith, it’s happening!

Sky now reporting it could be as much as £115m.

Opposite of the Mac Allister fee, where it kept falling, this ones on the way up!

Is that why you keep tweeting pics of your arse?

The thing is the club needs several players if we had signed Jude it would likely have meant very little extra to improve.

Jude picks up an injury we are doomed if we sign one or two more CM and a CB then if one is injured the squad is still refreshed.

He’ll regret not being a part of our 23-24 quadruple.

Guaranteed.

2 Likes

Shit weather and food in Madrid, too.

Jude is kidding himself.

1 Like

Oh dear. Was I wrong about something? I suppose I better retire from the forum.

I think it’s clear that we were in for him for a while, talk of £100m hadn’t put us off, but around Feb/March something changed. Which was probably the extent of the work needed to reboot the team becoming clear, and that £100 needed to be spread around more players.

We’ve just got Mac Allister over the line with move to follow, so chin up.

2 Likes

Idk were you? Those words never came out my mouth, I was only asking a fellow poster to have as much faith in these owners as you do! :wink: It’s really not that deep.

I thought he had badly injured himself lately?

Fucks sake. I just said I was confident, and at the time I was. I apologise if you went to the bookies on my gut feeling, but that’s really on you :confused:

I also remember being really confident that McManaman was going to sign that contract. Nobody gets them all right.

1 Like

“It’s not about Jude Bellingham,” Klopp said. “I never understood why we constantly talk about things we theoretically cannot have. We cannot have six players in the summer, every player being £100m. You have to realise what you can do and then you have to work with it. It’s about how much money you have, and you work with that.

“We are not children. You wouldn’t ask a five-year-old what they want at Christmas and if they say ‘a Ferrari’, you would not say: ‘Oh, that is a good idea.’ No, you would say it’s too expensive and you cannot drive it. If this kid spends the rest of his life upset he hasn’t got a Ferrari, that would be sad life.

2 Likes

Also, I suspect Real got him for €100m (plus add ons) because Liverpool publicly dropped out of the race. If they were the only serious bidder, it helps keep the price at a more realistic level.

If we were in a bit of a bidding war, I imagine it would have been far closer to Dortmund’s initial asking price of £100m+

Errm…

Lads, I always told you that wasn’t going to happen.

:wink:

just remember

All you folks who notice that season ticket prices have remained fairly stable, and yet the club is not dishing out £100mil for a 19yo kid…well this is one of the reasons why…

You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

4 Likes

End of the day if we needed the odd squad player then we would probably have gone for him.

We need if I’m honest about 5 players.