Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

One word,

Melo!

2 Likes

Does anyone seriously still think he’s going to prefer us over Madrid?

He’d start for us. He’d be on the bench there.

1 Like

Depends if he makes it through training!

Not for long

Bellingham will get in any 1st team around.

But not ours because he won’t join.

Sorry, should have said ‘would’ or better yet could.

We have a huge chance if they decide they don’t need him.

First, are FSG willing to pay that transfer fee, second does Klopp want to invest all that money in one player since it is clear that Bellingham will not solve all of our problems and third, is he the one who wants to push the train or the one that wants to jump on an already great moving train.

Questions, questions, questions … :innocent:

1 Like

Let’s go straight to the point. FSG never puts in their own money so the rest of the points are moot.

I hope this doom-posting all over the forum is helping you. It’s fucking shit for everyone else, but if it’s therapy for you then there is some good in it.

2 Likes

Well, it is not doom-posting if you have seen the transfer activity for the midfield in the last 5 years.

I have seen the transfer activity.

Have you noticed us redevelop Anfield, build a new training ground, and emerge from Covid in decent nick financially, rather than be now carrying eye-watering debt like a fair few other clubs?

Have you noticed the clubs wage bill creep higher and higher, until ours is one of the biggest in football?

We have spent money, but we’ve not not thrown it all at the squad.

Let’s look at the transfer activity over the last five years, shall we?

Since we won the Champions League, over £300m has been spent on players. Only about £30m has been spent on midfielders, and that’s if you’re creative about how you define Elliott and Carvalho. It’s a point I keep making, but it does tend to kill the argument that the state of our midfield is FSGs fault.

Are they making Klopp and his team spend only 10% of his five year budget on the engine room of the team? Are they making him sign a 29 year old with a questionable injury record as his only refresh of the midfield that won the big cup? Are they making him give a 31 year old whose main asset has always been workrate a four year deal? When everyone was screaming ‘midfielders!’ this summer did they make Klopp bet the farm on an £80m striker? And then in January as the season was visibly crumbling, in large part due to the midfield issues, spend the £40m he was given on…another striker?

There are decisions that have fucked us, but primarily they are footballing decisions.

2 Likes

I think this is a reasonable post.
I think there’s a question too about what people mean when they say FSG, some people seem to mean the owners signing cheques which is fine and others seem to mean anyone who wears a suit to work so things like Henderson’s contract are FSG when it was clearly Klopp.

I’d add that better football decisions could have been made getting rid of some players that potentially would have benefitted us. Ox and Keita are about to £90mill worth of Bosman’s. Surely at some stage some money could have been recouped there!? And created the space in the squad to bring in someone fresh.

Having Mane, Salah and Firmino all reach 1 year left on their deals at the same time was criminal really and put us on the position of Salah being able to strongarm a contract he hasn’t lived up to.

4 Likes

By virtue of actually owning the club, any money that is spent is by default theirs.

3 Likes

You are being a bit disingenuous here, choosing that start date, knowing how much we spent the summer of the CL-winning season. Its not necessary to make your point either.

2 Likes

I cannot pretend like how our season is going doesn’t have any influence on our chances to get Jude. Right now, I don’t even think about it too much. Save what can be saved from this season, get some sort of European football and see what can we spend and who’s willing to join. If he doesn’t pick us, that’s really not surprising. Bad luck, bad timing, we move onto other players. Wouldn’t be the first time, won’t be the last time.

2 Likes

I’m aware of that. But he said five years, not me!

Is he familiar with the Europa conference league?