Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

Timo Werner was another. Not a bad one to miss out on mind you.

1 Like

That’s why I said it’s in everyone’s interest to be sensible. If Jude has his heart set on joining us, we’ll not start taking the piss with Dortmund offering 70m. We know we’ll need to be north of £100m, but we’ll within our rights to say 135m + add one is daft - let’s talk.

Of course Dortmund are within their rights to say nope - we’re sticking firm. In which case they risk end up with a player in the last year of their contract and losing him for significantly less.

1 Like

Yeah sure but for a really special asset with lots of interest you have to pay up and ‘threatening to walk away’ is ineffectual.

Unless the asset has already decided they want you.

1 Like

Especially if barca pay double what one of our players are worth. :wink:

1 Like

The era of sentient houses scares me, struggling enough with chatGPT… :joy:

2 Likes

Presumably more efficient to give the story to one journalist and let the others copy it?

1 Like

good article, thanks @Draexnael … but why did chris have to rub it in with this; “Liverpool currently cannot afford to buy Bellingham and fund the rest of their summer spending even if he calls up Klopp and starts singing ‘You’ll Never Walk Alone’ down the phone.” Talk about kicking a man when he is down lol, that was cold…

Fucking hell, 12 hours after I last checked this thread there are like 120 new posts…Did he sign and cure cancer or what happened?

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Fuck it, he’s in the bag. It’s happening, the club are just playing with us. Can we start talking about who lines up alongside him in midfield now? And how we get the right balance with Tent?

I’ll be camping out all night waiting for that one.

1 Like

Glad my semi-joke was amusing to you.

I like Bellingham, very good player, would be very happy to see him end up here, but he’s not worth anyone losing their shit…nor 135m (or whatever crazy numbers are being thrown around) for that matter…imo…

4 Likes

I think often, especially when its a club that has given them their big break, the player will be reluctant to throw that club under the bus. We talk about Jude how level headed and mature he appears, but that might also be a negative in this negotiation period. He might not be the sort of player that will say “you know what - I want Liverpool and no-one else”. We all hate agents but its an occasion where we really need his agent to do their part to persuade Jude to play hard ball with Dortmund.

Nobody knows what’s our limit or evaluation how high we are or were prepared to go for Jude. The price can still change, like it already possibly did during this season (his season, his WC performances, etc.). Dortmund were in a difficult position post-WC, but are now competitive in the league, in a title fight. He will have interested parties, already this summer. He might want to say, I like how Dortmund are competitively finishing their season, let’s give it another season and then see my options. I don’t think he can even allow to wait for us in that way. Probably goes somewhere else in the meantime. It’s not 100%, but we can say that this is more unlikely now (and more than it already was).

I can believe the Bellingham news but if it did come from Joyce all the other links are just guessing.

I do think we have interest in Mount but I think the likes of Graverbach and Gallagher is guess work. Caciedo might become an option only because we went from him late last summer but I guess we will see.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s two who have had the odd tenous rumour.

Other things such as him staying AND signing a new deal, is there then a clause included… are not the case right now. This could actually be the summer when Dortmund profit the most.

This would seem to be a knock-on effect of getting our assessment of needs a year ago badly wrong. Very hard to go out into the market for perhaps four players when one of them is arguably the marquee transfer of the window. LFC is likely not as attractive a place for Bellingham now, in his mind’s eye this past autumn, the ‘project’ would likely have been the player who puts the club over the top for a double/triple/whatever, not gunning for the knockout-rounds of the Europa.

1 Like

Probably still only turned up for the big games like most of the squad.