Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

He took the money and wasn’t interested in much else.

Nope, he said himself he was desperate to come back to LFC. Unless he lied which wouldn’t be too hard to believe.

Huge percentage of footballers summed up in one quick sentence.

add “swapped being a hero for a few extra thoroughbreds”

and that reduces it down under 50 percent :rofl:

This is something that most if not all clubs go through. It probably happens with us more than we realise because we dont know exactly which players the club is tracking at any one time.

1 Like

Except the Ferrari wasn’t free. If we need 4 cars we can get 4 competent all-rounders or one supercar and a trandem.

6f669c41bb9da8d5bf388ac2d2a15b40--s-stuff-goodies

2 Likes

Remember a donkey has 4 feets also… :blush:

1 Like

Oh don’t start!

That’s what I’ve been saying since the start. Was never convinced it was happening, so no despair here. The only complaint I’ve had is with not buying other midfielders while waiting for Jude (and think there’s a consensus on that).

The infatuation with Bellingham is getting ridiculous

3 Likes

I’ve asked numerous times, but does anyone have any evidence of this?

1 Like

@WeeJoe I don’t know, i heard his family are Liverpool supporters and Stevie Gerrard is his football idol.

We can dream, can’t we. Tbh, i wanted to sing ‘hey Jude’ at Anfield, when I go there next season.

4 Likes

Prepare for the worse and hope for the best, Maria!

1 Like

He’s different, mature, doesn’t have an agent, his family are normal people, Stevie is his idol, the #8 shirt is free, he’s got bromances going on with Hendo and Trent, he plays for Dortmund who also sing YNWA…

I’m sure I forgot about many other things.

1 Like

But there is one small issue that stands in the way. The transfer fee to Dortmund.

Perhaps his dad was a Hardy fan rather than a Beatles one as we are assuming?

Liverpool privately, have been at pains to point out there is NO guarantee Bellingham will move this summer, an interesting take. That at least offers the manager the hope the player will stay another season at BVB, offering the Reds the chance to compete in a year’s time, when his fee will be much reduced as he moves towards the final year of his contract.

[David Maddock, Mirror]

Been saying this already. Dortmund still hoping to make him sign a new contract with a release clause lower than fee for this summer.

2 Likes

If that is the case it would make more sense for Bellingham if he genuinely did want to move to us above all others. He is guaranteed a year’s of CL football and a higher wage. It suits Dortmund because they get to keep the player for a year.

4 Likes

I’ve already moved on from Bellingham.

I deleted my FM save, in which I had bought him, and started a new one; got Tchouameni off Real for £49m.

Bargain.

1 Like

There is no need to be upset. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Exactly. And this is why it is important to see potential signings as merely assets. And before I get all the FSG bashers in here thinking I am supporting their cause, I am talking about those who are making the decisions who to buy or sell rather than the owners. Why create an emotional attachment to a player that hasn’t been purchased yet? Its merely an asset that the decision makers think will deliver x, y and z which the team needs.

2 Likes