Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

Do we know for definite that it’s a no no…

2 Likes

Well those four Fiats do a similar job and are possibly more useful?

To extend your metaphor, I work in transportation and if one of my providers asked me if they should invest in 4 Fiats or buy a Ferrari I’d obviously direct them towards the Fiats because they can do more trips and be way more successful in the long term.

I know the analogy is going to be torture if I carry on with it but here goes anyway… a Ferrari is a luxury vehicle and a Fiat is a practical one. Building a squad is more like building a fleet than a supercar collection.

If we had a functioning midfield that just lacked a bit of quality then investing in a single luxury splurge may be worth it but when there isn’t currently a single functioning element to our midfield (and admittedly Bellingham may have improved those around him) then it doesn’t make sense to blow the budget on the Ferrari.

11 Likes

I think a lad of 19 with a good head on his shoulders can recognise an off season for what it is.

I can see that missing out on the CL would have an impact but I don’t think it would put a player off. United managed to sign big player when they were in a far worse state than we are now.

We’re less than a year away from nearly completing football. That means more than a dodgy season.

1 Like

In fact thinking about it more I don’t think comparing Bellingham to a Ferrari is fair as a Ferrari is actually a pretty useless vehicle.

He’s more like a top of the range, brand new fleet vehicle that would be a great investment BUT there are so many holes and opportunities that having one great vehicle wouldn’t help with becoming successful as much as 4 high quality but cheaper alternatives.

Ok I’m done now.

3 Likes

Why on earth would you believe anything in what is essentially just gossip rags is beyond me…

This latest “development” included.

2 Likes

Thinking about this Bellingham must now be the only CM in Europe we are no longer interested in signing according to rumours and even that you never know.

5 Likes

Ask @WeeJoe

Precisely why most level headed people ignore them, or at least fail to get over excited by them either way

5 Likes

That is an excellent explanation :+1:
Fair enough. I can’t help it, I am emotional LFC supporter. I look at Man City, how are we going to get close to them to have chance of pursuing the league title. Twice, they beat us by 1 point!
I just find FSG becoming even more stingy and the last 2 seasons of not buying quality players, they wasted alot of time procrastinating until they realised, the team was running on empty this season.

I don’t know, probably, but a tiny bit of me has abit of hope.

Sets up next week’s ‘Liverpool in Bellingham hunt after shock U-turn!’ stories quite nicely.

1 Like

Nah, it’s scorn, hidden behind humor. Too many despairing reds. If he comes, great, if he doesn’t, we will strengthen.

IF Bellingham wants to come to us, that is the undergirding premise of my post. It is not difficult to comprehend. Don’t laugh at me. Instead, read and understand.

You poked fun at me with an hilarious quip: “Is there a fantasy land thread?” No. But there are numerous moaning bastard threads at the moment.

Just being real with you.

IF is the clause.

If Dortmund keep him for another year then of course his fee will be less than now. A player with 1 year on his contract will be worth less than with 2 yrs on his deal. That’s realism.

They wanted over 100M for Sancho, and he went for about 40M less than what they asked for, as time remaining on his deal wound down. That’s real too.

No fantasy here.

Just realism, all day long.

Edit: and I expect him to go elsewhere, but until he signs for another club, I will be hopeful.

2 Likes

I demand a summary of this thread since the latest news broke.

Have it on my desk by morning.

Guys we are no longer interested in pursuing Jude simply because we have already signed him.

Han Solo Reaction GIF

Sorry.
Nothing to report.

Jude has played too many games and wont still be going strong at 35 so we’re dropping our interest in him and signing Jobe instead

It’s a huge footballing mistake

Disappointed,but in no way surprised, the concerning thing to me is that we seem to have spent 3 years tracking him which Dortmund of course know, then we throw up our hands.
Of course his price was going to skyrocket!
Don’t know half of the alternatives being mentioned, but I do hope we are not going to bargain basement shop, we need midfielders coming in, that is clear after this season.

2 Likes

Shit. Those sentient houses have arrived

1 Like

No analogy fits 100%. Get the point people.

I’m shocked at how much I agree with Mascot on this one.

IF Jude wants us, we’ll get him. It’s that simple. Regards Michael Owen. We told him to sit tight and wait, while we forced Real’s hand. He pooed his pants and went to Newcastle instead.

IF Jude goes to Man City, he’s not the level headed guy we thought he was. Good luck to him.

Why does anyone even think the Chav’s are in a better position than us?

IF we don’t get Jude, relax ladies. How’s Jadon, Enzo, Jao Felix etc working out for their teams at the moment?

I think we need 3 midfielders this summer. Or 2 midfielders and a defender. I think we’re good to go forward wise, providing Diaz stays fit.

2 Likes