Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

Yep 100%. He’s not going anywhere on your typical 19 years old salary. That signing on and agents fee will be juicy as well I bet.

I also bet they’re looking at all the holes that have been exposed this year through the whole squad too. I’m glad to be honest. It gives us flexibility.

This part is interesting…

In fact, in the summer of 2021, some of Liverpool’s recruitment team were flagging that the squad was veering away from the ‘right football age.’ They felt blanket new contract extensions were not the best strategy for a spine that had multiple seasons of exacting football taking its toll on their bodies and minds.

1 Like

Relegation fight here we come. :wink:

Oh well it was a nice dream.

But ultimately Bellingham is not injury prone enough to get in our midfield :rofl:

Maybe in 10 years

All I can say, I am so gutted, Jude is not coming. Why were we getting these tidbits that Jude was going to come? It was giving me hope. It is not nice to go through this He would have been our superstar!

1 Like

We’ve been a far better team without superstars!

Those tidbits were generally coming from the tea-leaf reading hangers-on tier of the media, knowing that the latest reading would generate interest.

2 Likes

I can’t help it, I am gutted. He would have made a good impression in the team, I thought of him as a future LFC Capatain with his maturity and intelligence.

The media are evil pushing our hopes up and playing with our emotions like this.

Our objective this summer is to revamp the squad, not to spend crazy money on a marquee signing. We need more than one quality players to make/keep us competitive. We are not a club that can spend an obscene amount on a single signing and still have enough largesse to sign a couple more quality players.

Who the fuck was Mane, Salah, Wijnaldum, and VVD when we signed them? Yet, they formed the juggernaut that wasn’t just successful but was feared across Europe. While we were going ga-ga for Upamecano, we signed a certain Konate and I doubt any sensible person is regretting that. Even our latest signings are quality.

How many trophies have Dortmund won with Bellingham? Which successful club has a Bellingham in their ranks? We need to revamp the squad. We need three quality players who will form the bulwark of a successful team for another 4-5 years. For that we need to spend money. For that we can’t afford to waste any.

2 Likes

Seems to me that 30-45m is our “sweet spot” for new players and we are willing to push the boat out a little further for the ones we consider to be of a particularly high importance.

I listed a few players - Alvarez, Sangare, Caicedo - above as examples but if you can get three players in that price range who are all improvements over the current starters then that could be more beneficial to us than signing a single player for that amount.

Having said that Bellingham is really good and will likely be one of the best CMs in the world for a long time. Other players will ascend to that level, or close to it, over the course of their careers though and maybe we can find one or two of those guys now.

2 Likes

Correct as I should know :wink:

It’s easier to pour scorn on everything at the minute.

Still, my post started with “If Bellingham prefers us…”

If he doesn’t, it’s irrelevant.
If he does, it might still happen, and I showed my working.

Edit:
In all likelihood we are priced out, and need to buy 2-3 midfielders with the dough instead. I’m also hoping for a cb.

I saw this tweet and I thought it was good analogy. Not pursuing Jude Bellingham in order to get cheaper players is like turning down a Ferrari in favour of four Fiats.

2 Likes

But don’t fiat own Ferrari?

I have no idea.

It’s realism, not scorn. Hoping that Jude loves us so much he’ll see past our current state and turn down guaranteed silverware elsewhere, and that Dortmund would accept £50m less in a years time, is pure fantasy

But we do have a good history of buying players at 7mil…8mil…and making them into players who want to play for us and in the end have a far bigger price tag…

1 Like

Jude wanted to play for LFC, it hurts. :sob: I never felt like this since Torres left.