Jude Bellingham (Real Madrid)

What I meant is that it will be the same outcome: a ‘committee’ consisting of a few random guys who will condemn Abu Dhabi to pay a few millions in order to wash their sins.

That will likely be in four or five years or so, as Abu Dhabi will use all delaying tactics at their disposal until then.

The great thing about footballers is that they are an endlessly renewable resource. Fans get there there claws into a player and act like there is never going to be another. The following season always brings another set of players we simply have to buy.

6 Likes

We’ll have to wait and see.

I don’t think this is going to be another UEFA situation. There is no time barring here, and that is the technicality that they got off on last time.

Club to club that’s what he was & that’s what every fan base work on unfortunately…Dortmund only pocketed 60m from that deal.

Do we say Gakpo and Diaz cost us 45-50m or do we say they cost us closer to the 100m mark with wages/agent fees and bonuses?

Nail on the head. Pin this post to top of the transfer threads!

But the real generational talents (not just the marketing ones) don’t come along every year.

You don’t get a Messi or, at the other end of the pitch, an Alisson available every summer.

1 Like

But we don’t buy stars mate, we make them. Or something.

I’m not on about wages.

Haaland negotiated a £60m release clause. That doesn’t mean he was only worth £60m. Obviously if he’d gone at market rate it would have been double that.

Manchester City quote £60m but everyone knows that they paid out that again to god knows who many hangers on.

It has no impact on what PSG would demand for MBappe.

Yuck

Berge, Gallagher and Tielemans is when you need practice for your medical team.

1 Like

The sounds a shit lawfirm who specialize in real estate foreclosures

Yeah not loving the idea of any of those three coming here.

Ibrahim Sangare

Edson Alvarez

Moises Caicedo

Would be a great summer.

How they would fit together I have no idea, but that’s the ‘type’ of players I want to bring in.

1 Like

Fancy us making such an amateur hour mistake…Young player with bags of potentially generational talent and someone at boston and/or Kirkby thinks that “yeah, the value of Bellingham will remain the same if he stinks up the WC.” Obviously, that didn’t go the way of whoever that person in power hoped!

Unless the new owners are oil money themselves or filthy rich SWFs of certain non oil money country.

Nah…

we will sign 2 free transfers for midfield, Pobga and Charlie Adam (who will come out of retirement as he needs the cash)

or

give new 5 year deals to the Ox and Keita

and save a load of cash for the summer 2025 transfer warchest!

CAS did find Man City guilty but Man City got off on a statute of limitations technicality that UEFA themselves have set.

The PL do not have such technicalities to start with…

If I were to be realistic, the freebie we will be getting is Kante. We all want Gavi on a free but if you think the competition for Bellingham is intense, wait till you see the pursuit of Gavi. There will be insane money thrown at his agent just to convince Gavi to go to that club.

I thought we were getting Maddison and Mount to replace Keita and Ox.

I’m late to the party as ever. If those reports of the fee increase are true I’m 100% behind the decision. Fuck getting into a dick measuring contest with that lot.

And carry on Dortmund. Screw every little drop out of there plastic FFP dodging wallets. They will break the game soon enough.

1 Like

Note, the context is important. It is not just the fee, but the cost of the package in the context of what else we’ve now decided we need to do this summer.

2 Likes