Khephren Thuram (CM, OGC Nice)

Aye, if we’re just picking guys with dreads and saying that’s what he’ll play like then at least he’ll show the killer instincts of this guy

2 Likes

I don’t remember how Gullit and Karambeu played, but for me the first thing I thought watching Thuram was a combo of Yaya and Vieira.

Not trying to seem racist, I literally can’t think of any non-black comparisons for tall, technically superior, ball-carrying CMs. Nearest I could come is Milinkovic-Savic but I don’t think that’s a particularly great comparison.

1 Like

I mean that just confirms I was right to turn it off when I did.

At least you can see the resemblance in playing styles there. I think there’s some similarities with Camavinga too but then im only saying that based on highlight reels of them both which mainly focus surging runs, cruyff turns, sliding tackles and the odd long range shot.

Bu i’m not professing to being someone who knows more than that and then compares him with a Google search for ‘black midfielders with dreadlocks’ and then just picks the two whose appearance he most resembles.

I’m thinking more Pogba type of potential in terms of style (perhaps not the same ceiling, we’ll see). But yeah, all the comparisons are a bit lazy. If he comes in I’m starting from zero with him, just wait and see what he can do.

1 Like

That’s what all racist people say to try and sound not racist. And even if you didn’t mean it in a racist way, it is racist on some level. Even subconsciously, cos at the end of the day everyone is racist to some degree. I don’t think you are A racist, just that your comment has racist undertones, which has no place in today’s modern world.

Just messing with you and also maybe a bit with Mascot. Never saw anything in your comment other than discussing some footy but I couldn’t resist. Soz.

4 Likes

Lol, you got me until that last sentence :joy:

2 Likes

Ballack?

There is a racist trope of saying he’s big, he’s black therefore he must be strong and powerful and then just pointing to other black players who were strong and powerful. But he is strong and powerful. That is one of the defining ways of how he plays. So…

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

It’s a tough one

Meh Think About It GIF by Bounce

I probably saw him as more of a passer and facilitator than someone who’d just pick up the ball and dribble through a defence. I could be wrong, though, it was a while ago lol

3 Likes

He did bang in his fair share. Always thought of him as one of the best all around mids of his generation.

Coming from a Dutch guy, that’s as high praise I can give a German player :joy:

1 Like

Are you telling me this guy didn’t spring to mind? (not the guy on the floor feeling if he has any … yeah)

1 Like

Fast And Furious Shaw GIF by The Fast Saga

(Just messing)

Guess he can play as CDM or CM. He is tall and reminds me of Sissoko though he looks built. Will do well as a CDM in my opinion. Got the speed and the legs.

Looks a bit stationary to me.

Heard the rumours are concrete mind

1 Like

Steven Gerrard? But then, he was also much more than that as well.

1 Like

Does this mean we would have our own ‘Slabead’ :0)

2 Likes

its always sunny in philadelphia thumbs down GIF by HULU

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/14cikfi/téléfoot_ibrahima_konate_when_asked_if_khephren/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=android_app&utm_name=androidcss&utm_term=1&utm_content=share_button

Brilliant agent Konate

1 Like