La Liga discussion

First goal conceded at home this season from open play, the Araújo og.

Real Madrid are something different in Europe.

We didn’t turn up for 20 mins and they killed the tie, they were the toughest team we could draw. There focus will now already be on the CL and probably was before that game. Where Barca will be more focused on the league.

With all the respect I have for Real as they’re still probably the biggest club in the world…

If I was their fan, I’d certainly have a problem with constantly going behind in Europe and depending on miracles. I’d be greatful for what they’re winning in these last years, but surely you’d want the team not to go behind so often.

It’s also Real at the end of the day and it’s maybe how their teams are built more often than not. Not such a clear philosphy, but the idea is winning. Still, you need to take care of some things in order to continue winning and improving?

Now they’re still in the “mood” in Europe. But I remember times when they were chasing the Decima and struggled to make it out of groups or past QF. So, nothing is eternal. For some clubs, winning the CL is such a pressure. And there is no plan how to do it. But for some clubs, it’s more excitement, because they already did it numerous times.

Last summer I said that I have no idea who wins the next La Liga, that I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s Barca. Even with all the issues they have off the pitch.

Football in Spain is still great, but dear me the competitive aspect is lacking. It’s like the top 3 are still subscribed to the top 3 positions. And then you have a little bunch of lower clubs fighting and changing who is 4th.

1 Like

Going out to Real this year didn’t bother me too much as we’ve been playing terrible and I expected it. Last year however, was a different story. I was gutted. I was convinced we were going to win. Same as 2018. I think if Salah hadn’t have been assaulted we would have won that too.

They had some scum bag players who’d do anything to win. At the moment the players apart from Militao and Carvajal are quite likeable.

2 Likes

Madrid not fucking about today. 4-0 up already, 7 minute hattrick for Benzema.

Barca getting rinsed!

Real hunting their first cup in 9 years.

Weird how few they’ve won in modern times. Their last 3 cups were in: 2014, 2011 and 1993.

Real Madrid 2-3 Villarreal FT. Gifted a og on 16 minutes and still get beaten at home. Barca 12 points ahead and a game in hand.

1 Like

The second Chukwueze goal was so Salahesque :heart_eyes:

Just realized he’s got a year left on his deal. 13 goals and 11 assists in 40 games this season.

Plays on the right side too. Agent Moreno, time to get busy.

Not sure if he’s the level for us, but he might attract some interest this summer if he doesn’t sign a new deal.

Terrible story all around. Marca breaks my computer so I didnt read that piece to see if it was mentioned, but Valverde is claiming he did what he did because Baena mocked the difficulty he and his partner had experienced with their current pregnancy. They had been fairly public about recently thinking they’d lost the baby.

99 times out of 100 I’d have no patience for a professional doing what he did. Under those circumstances, I’d have held Baena for Ferde to do it again.

1 Like

Put me down for that remaining one out of hundred moment. I’d have kicked his teeth in if that was me.

2 Likes

Yeah, he’s just damaging himself. Should have reported it straight away to the ref. IF Baena did say what he’s claiming.

How people can be so terrible to others, and for no reason. :rage: :sob:

Looks as if Toni Kroos will sign a one year contract extension.

Does anyone know much about this Taty Castelanos chap? :thinking:

Madrid 4-1 down :joy: