La Liga discussion

Madrid 99th min winner…they were 2 down approaching the hour mark aswell.

Dovbyk with a 6 min hattrick for Girona, Sevilla are absolutely trash but it’s remarkable what they continue to do over there.

2 Likes

Matching Madrid point for point is impressive.

Certain other teams can’t and have spent more.

1 Like

Notably VAR outrage in the Real game, including a goal that for all the world looks like was scored by Vini’s arm, that the ref initially gave as handball but was overuled on advice of the VAR

The Girona story would be a real fairytale… if they weren’t part of the City Group.

Fuck ‘em.

3 Likes

If they win the league then city might not have european football next season

1 Like

Leverkusen is the really fairytale one at the moment.

5 Likes

Just don’t mention Monsanto…

https://www.bayer.com/en/societal-engagement/bayer-04-leverkusen-soccer

1 Like

Barca lol

Watch the Villareal highlights. The defending was hilarious!

Xavi leaving Barca in the summer.

It’s really more due to Barca’s general situation than Xavi I think.

Due to the issues they have, their squad is pretty thin and was hit by injuries this season also. Plus, not playing at their ground due to renovation.

He probably spends summer transfer windows not even knowing who they will be able to count on, sign, register, etc. Leads to having gaps in the team and squad. Some ageing players here, some incredibly young kids there.

He’s done really, really well to win the league last season. And in some fashion.

Probably can’t do much better right now with what Barca have to deal with above their heads. Perhaps better to leave and possibly return one day when/if the situation is healthier.

1 Like

I think it’s fair to acknowledge the overall state of the club. But they have turned into a defensive shambles and that is not through lack of defensive personnel. This was a team that last year put together one if not the best defensive records in La Liga ever and has completely fallen apart this year. Obviously missing their keeper is a blow, but when you look at the nature of the goals they’ve been conceding - very early and chances so clear you wouldnt expect a top keeper to be saving them anyway - it’s difficult to put much of it on the keeper.

Like I said, when I looked at their first team squad when the summer window closed, I thought - nah, this is way too thin. Not only to try and defend the league, but attack all 3 compeitions as well. Way too thin. It’s the uncertainity over bringing and registrating players, you cannot even have a proper pre-season. It’s not like I’m sorry for Barca, but it is how it is. Very hard to consistently win titles like that. Plus when the injuries started, they had to really throw some incredibly young kids in the first line.

Obviously Xavi has a part to play in it when it’s a good season and when it’s a bad one. But for me, the biggest difference here is exactly the situation at the club and their financial limitations. Now, he has feelings for Barca that need to continue finding ways of slowly (very slowly) getting out of the trouble they’re in, but also not forget about his career. If the situation is too wild and he feels he cannot perform better, it’s smarter to leave for now. Their paths might meet again at some point in the future.

:joy: :heart_eyes:

https://twitter.com/clinicalenzo5_/status/1753166481016185064?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1753166481016185064|twgr^a4a439b8fc3c793cd1e51422b95a378de33c7c33|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftheanfieldnoise.com%2Ft%2Fliverpool-loan-watch%2F2941%2F353

No way! Bellingham has come off as a bit of an entitled shit, but he just went up in my estimation.

Getafe not really thinking this through.

Dumb doesn’t cover it.

They took him on they knew the situation it’s not even a she said he said it’s obviously dubious and yet they want to highlight it.

1 Like

They weren’t thinking even when they decided to sign Greenwood.

2 Likes

no no no. it’s not Greenwood’s the rapist. It’s Greenwood’s therapist.

silly Getafe.

Be interesting to see if Jude shook hands with him before the game…