La Liga discussion

We didn’t even go for him in the end because the whole deal was too big for us at the time. And even if we had, he would’ve probably picked Real. I have no bitter feelings over him at all.

Well we got Dom, Maca and Endo

1 Like

He allowed the corner to be taken and then blew once Valencia successfully defended it. The whistle coming before the cross came in was very clear, and once he saw the cross come in he blew a further twice before the header was made. Maybe Real can have some complaint they were prevented from finishing the attack but that has always been a bizarre complaint to me. What is clear is no one can have an argument they thought the ball was still live

2 Likes

Yup, it was clear when watching the ref blew before they finished.

Boiled their piss anyhow

1 Like

Watching Barca v Mallorca.

Liverpool would trounce Barca right now and a shame we don’t meet in Europe.

Having said that they will find a way to score late with or without ref help.

And such a horror year they will finish 2nd in the league.

1 Like

Real Madrid last night posted an image of Vini to their official IG account and included this graphic in it

:exploding_head:

From them or is this the racist abuse vini is highlighting? Either way, idiots, and regardless, I hope they fuck up FC115.

Obscene amount of money… :face_with_peeking_eye:

https://twitter.com/FootballTalkHQ/status/1772562119323492692

Renovation??? They could have built a new stadium :stadium: with that kind of money :moneybag:.

They reject us even when they’re 16-year old kids.

:joy:

at 16, they usually aren’t the ones that make the desicions - it is more likely to be the parents and agent which hints to me, they wanted more money than we thought was responsible for a 16yo kid

A year later, he signed for Real.

“Liverpool director was the same one appointed again this year; Michael Edwards who’s back at the club.”

1. Technically he’s not back at the club he works for FSG now.
  2. Is this meant to be a negative? The eyes emoji makes it seem like Romano is implying it’s somehow a bad thing that Edwards is back because a 16 year old Brazilian didn’t move to Liverpool 7 years ago? Weird.
  3. If he is saying it’s a bad thing then what exactly did Liverpool do wrong? They identified the player, scouted him, made an acceptable approach, had a deal in place then the kid decided not to sign. That happens at every club around the world every single transfer window.
  4. Rodrygo signed for Real Madrid for 15x the fee and no doubt a bunch more wages, gets to live in a nicer climate, plays for the most famous team in the world and didn’t even have much of a language barrier to overcome. I fully respect why he would hang on at Santos - of course Real Madrid were talking to him back then. Just like how they’ve been talking to Mbappe since he was a child.
1 Like

Think he meant that as a positive for Liverpool, that he’s back and we were close to securing a potentially top deal for the future.

He was not some unknown gem either. Both he and Vini were linked with moves to Europe from before they played a senior game and even before Vini arrived at the Bernabeau the stories had started about them being back in for him, so it seems like Real would have already been deep into their discussions with his team at that time.

Victory parade in Bilbao for their Spanish cup win :heart_eyes:

https://x.com/Athletic_en/status/1778424732985290986

Yeah, Bilbao’s first big trophy since 40 years (last time, they won the domestic double).

Interesting that they have won more Copas (24) than Real (20).

2 Likes

Barça undefeated in 13 since Xavi announced he’d be stepping down.

How fucking wonderful for them, the cunts.

Madrid vs Barcelona tonight.

Abu Dhabi in Iberia is almost certain to play Champions League next season.

They will be barred as the second ranked CFG club in the competition.