Leicester, the Foxes thread

Yeah a good friend of mine is a Leicester fan and he was pretty much writing off the final 4 games and I doubt they would have got the points against Man Utd without the hooligans (sorry if you disagree) at Old Trafford.

It’s why I thought our final run might come in handy at the start of the season , as I said our record at Burnley had been good and Palace didn’t concern me so much, I expected we would pick up points at Newcastle mind. Man Utd was the only one that majorly concerned me in that but as it was we made up at least 2 of the points we dropped.

1 Like

Getting their business done early, it seems. How good is Edouard, by the way? Is he someone who can be a long term replacement for Vardy?

1 Like

He wasnt a direct replacement, but he’s basically stepped in for Dembele and done a better job for Celtic than he did.

3 Likes

Winner of the Golden Bog Boot the last two campaigns. It’s a big step up from the bog to the billiard table pitches of the Prem, though. Haven’t really seen him play much so can’t say. Just smells faintly of the dragging (and attempted dragging) of certain Swansea players to Liverpool.

4 Likes

Fofana, Daka, Soumaré; Leicester is building an impressive base of young, talented players.

PL’s version of Dortmund? Might be the long term view? Pretty good model thus far tbh

3 Likes

I was hoping we would sign Daka so pretty pissed off with Leicester at the moment.

1 Like

Yeah, me too :expressionless: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Why can’t they throw a ton of money on some wannabe???

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/leicester-bertrand-deal-arsenal-southampton/1xgeh8di2hudg18bpv9pg7lpy0

They are beefing-up nicely, aren’t they?

1 Like

1 Like

I said nicely. That’s Chelsea loan brigade :rofl:

Oh I forgot Bertrand was forever linked to us when Rodgers was manager.

I’ve found Bertrand one of the rare individual positives from Southampton in last years, thought he merited playing in a better side. Perhaps why he decided to run down his contract a while ago and get a final go higher up the table. It was clear Leicester need another option on the left, not really replacing Chilwell when he left.

1 Like

Brendan Rodgers has called Fer Nino’s tackle on Wesley Fofana a “horrendous challenge”.

Meanwhile, Brendan Rodgers defended Hamza Choudhury against criticism from Jurgen Klopp that his tackle on Mo Salah was “dangerous”.

Foxes boss Rodgers insisted: “The reaction to Hamza was right over the top for me. The boy went in to make a tackle.

“Mo Salah is a world-class player but you can tackle him. It wasn’t even a bad tackle.

“You have to ensure they stay aggressive because that is their game, without overstepping the line.

“If you look at the team we play in an aggressive but sporting way.

“Young Hamza is one of those lads that play on the limit and is fighting for his career.

“His strength is recovering the ball and retrieving the ball, which he is very good at, and he is learning other aspects of his game.

“The only way is constant work and talking with him.”

2 Likes

Brendan should know all about horrendous challenges. His attempt to win the Champions League in 2014-15 was shocking.

9 Likes

Haha, Brendao, trophy magnet.

2 Likes

Leicester

https://mobile.twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1374272674151677952

2 Likes

Amazing. Thanks @Kopstar.

1 Like

I find their matchday and commercial revenue too low. Considering their recent good runs and a (potentially) captive audience, it could have been higher, no?

2 Likes

Was reading through that thread and Ramble seemed to think this years accounts would look better. It’s really impressive the work he puts into these and I love reading them.

For me, finances in pro football are always fascinating.

EDIT: I’ve read 2 books dedicated to the money in football and I’m often left with the perception everything is always teetering on a razors edge.

1 Like