Leny Yoro (CB) Lille

Nunez and Jota have the same agent, or at least agent firm. As did Fabinho.

However they also represent loads of Portuguese lads amongst many others so really I don’t see it as much of a factor either way.

lets not embarrass ourselves and bid for a player that doesnt want to come here…again!
For the record ive never heard of this lad!

How is losing out to the only club whose history is unequivocally better than ours embarrassing? :thinking:

If the boy had opted for Manchester City or Arsenal above us, I’d question his decision. But any footballer who chooses Real Madrid before Liverpool cannot be questioned.

A lot of fans may not like to hear it, but Real is the only club bigger than ours.

10 Likes

I was thinking more of the Conceido to chelsea.

Of course 99.9% of players would chose Madrid over Liverpool and i dont blame them.

If anyone was embarrassed by what took place, that was Caicedo.

3 Likes

Who started this thread?

Go to the top.

Sarcasm???

He is off to Real.

Reminder of the pressure which comes with starting a thread.

Nikola thrives on this.

4 Likes

Is that confirmed?

Might be why we could be in for the Italian fella, I will learn his name if we sign him. Califiori? Or something.

1 Like

Every time we are in competition with RM for a player we might as well give up and close this thread

1 Like

FIFY

2 Likes

Go ahead and start the thread.

1 Like
4 Likes

The @Nikola jinx strikes again…

1 Like

Yes, my child…

2 Likes

I expect social media to be full of awful twats moaning at FSG or angsting about getting used by an agent.

I don’t think anyone at LFC thought they had anything more than an outside chance of making progress on this. But I suspect this is more the relationship with the players representatives and LFC doing them a favour to keep that relationship strong.

“Leny Yoro - We know you’re interested, but the lad really wants to go to Real. Only thing is they are dragging their heels and trying to get him on a low wage. Do you think you could get the word out that there is a deal there to be done with Liverpool? If it gets Real to start taking this seriously we’ll owe you a favour. If Real don’t budge, you’re front of the queue.”

1 Like

Nikola knew. We just didn’t get his hint :innocent:

And it case someone didn’t take the hint, the hint was me opening the thread!

2 Likes

I am not too disappointed at missing out on Yoro. Real Madrid may have gotten many young “generational talents” currently, but they did not get it right all the time too. Camavinga came with a big reputation but took some time to settle in. Militao too. So the jury is still out on Yoro.

1 Like