Leny Yoro (CB) Lille

They basically got it right with every signing since Hazard.

Pretty much true. That window where they splashed almost 200m on Hazard and Jovic was ridiculous but ever since, in terms of transfer fees, they have been both prudent and specific and every major signing has been a success. And it’s the reality that Madrid and even Barcelona still, who is limited only by its finances, have a gigantic draw to many players

Not really. They have not spent money on very many players for several year, but of the ones they have Camavinga is still more potential than star and Rodrigo is on the plank ready to be pushed off.

Their supposed “prudence” is all due to fleecing Man U for both Casemiro and Varane, and Juventus for an ageing Ronaldo.

1 Like

Theyve accepted uniteds £42m bid

If the lad’s set his mind on Real Madrid he isn’t going to go to that lot.

I’d like us to buy a CB this summer but Yoro would make no sense to me. Not established or experienced enough to oust Konate or Virg. Not versatile enough to offer cover elsewhere. Right footed and we’re supposedly after a left footer (or at least someone more comfortable that side).

He’s like a French Quansah. Young, high potential and done well so far in his career. But there’s not a big enough body of work there yet to be spending £42m on him. And we have a very good young prospect of our own already, possibly two if you consider van den Berg too.

5 Likes

Why has this guy got his own thread?

First Flobs, now Yoro, who’s next?
AN@L?

1 Like

We allowed Nikola one thread as long as it was absolutely not happening.

Then again maybe he can open a Gordon thread :wink:

3 Likes

Man Utd fans seem confident they can get this done. Think he could end up moving to them with a release clause.

Man Utd fans of confident of pretty much anything.

It’s a smug precondition that they’ve not shaken since the Fergie days

2 Likes

Can I? :supervillain:

2 Likes

Please.

1 Like

Please :wink:

1 Like

1 Like

https://x.com/TransfersLlVE/status/1813503469132599579

1 Like

Shame.

I literally know nothing about him though

1 Like

Except he’s now officially a dick.

3 Likes

Well he looks a bit dorky so I doubt we’d sign him anyhow

Nikola strikes again :laughing:

How do you go from wanting Real to choosing United?
If he ends up there I dont think we were ever in for him

1 Like