LFC Bangladesh Thread

I doubt if there will ever be another Bangladeshi in this forum. Funny, isn’t it? There’s 170 millions of us and a pretty football crazy bunch too.

Frankly, I’m okay with that. The social media platforms are driven by teenagers who have an opinion on everything and knowledge of nothing.

In the other forum I had two countrymen. A fellow red who ultimately disappeared and an expatriate who supported Milan.

9 Likes

Salam from a fellow Bangladeshi Liverpool fan. been a red since 1994 but really started to follow then 1998 ( was old enough to understand). most of my other bangladeshi mates support liverpool or utd. From what i see generally speaking us bangla people really only support liverpool, utd and arsenal.

7 Likes

Welcome to TAN.

How did you find us? Were you at TIA forum too?

been a member of TIA for over 5 years. I couldn’t remember what email and password i used to i just set up a new account. Got to say im not digging this new look, much preferred the old look

what part of Bangladesh you from?

4 Likes

Finally @Iftikhar has some company.

Welcome.

4 Likes

thanks for the welcome

1 Like

Have a look through the different skins- I’m sure you’ll find something you like. :+1:

1 Like

Its easy to use once you get the hang of it. I prefer this than trying to use the tia app

1 Like

Good to see you finally made it over mate, welcome!

I was the same at first, but as COG said, play around with the skins and you will find a layout that you will like - plenty of options to pick.

Stick around mate, it’s going to be an awesome journey.

1 Like

There was a genocide

Millions were driven away

We fought back
1449009234_8

and won our freedom

Since then, we have tumbled and teetered but we have trudged on.

In remembrance of December 16, our Victory Day.

4 Likes

The genocide in Bangladesh is something glossed over by the history books.

Its actually great to see Bangladesh doing well as a country right now

4 Likes

It could become the backbone of the economy, like RMG is currently, and drive the next phase of growth.

1 Like

You might want to count this season out. But yeah on the whole

1 Like

United Nations declared February 21 as the International Mother Language Day in 2000. But it has been our Language Day since 1952. That was the day when police fired on a procession demanding Bangla/Bengali to be the state language of Pakistan, killing several persons.

Yes, back then we were part of Pakistan, a rather square peg in a round hole kind of association since there was hardly anything common between us and what still remains Pakistan. Since 1947 the Pakistan authorities, who were mostly from what is now present-day Pakistan, tried to impose Urdu as the state language. Fun fact, Bangla was the native language of more than 50% of the population while Urdu wasn’t the native language of any of the ethnic groups that made up Pakistan. Other major linguistic groups were Punjabi, Sindhi, Baluch, and Pashtun.

Protests and efforts to make Bangla a state/official language started in early 1949 and things reached the critical mass on February 21, 1952. The authorities imposed a state of emergency to stop a procession, but it started nevertheless.

3 Likes