LFC India thread

Do you speak Hindi or Sanskrit?

I refer you to my previous post.

1 Like

I’m going to approve you with a 10 day probation period. Let’s see how it goes.

1 Like

Is that a question or an ecstatic statement? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hear everyone is missing me.
@Alright_Now please order pav bhaji for me with thumbsup

3 Likes

No pav for you. Have you seen yourself lately?

2 Likes

I can do it with bread. Dont give excuse. Just order.

1 Like

Look what you have done @Iftikhar :angry: :stuck_out_tongue:

I am having coffee pot issues. I have had this pot for 20 years and now it won’t heat. So I have to brew and then heat in the microwave. Lot of work for me.

My humble apologies :innocent:

3 Likes

Hope you’ve learned a valuable lesson which is this: let sleeping dogs lie.

1 Like

If you are a true desi , get filter coffee

3 Likes

Completed the series Scam 1992. Amazed how things happened then, had only read about it in bits and parts earlier. It has IMDB rating of 9.6, one of the nicely made Indian shows. Funnily I saw this after watching Mirzapur and was expecting someone to remove a gun out of nowhere and shoot. Ha. Was disappointed with the latter though, didn’t live up to season 1.

Hope shows similar to Scam 1992 are made, provides a good way to understand significant things that had happened earlier from a different lens.

1 Like

the best part of what Harshad Mehta did was that it wasn’t even against the rules then, Even if it was unethical.

1 Like

Part of it yes, exploiting the loopholes in the system. But fake companies to route shares was probably against the rules.

1 Like

Wanted to see it initially after seeing the IMDB ratings, but couldn’t muster up the courage to do so. His story is deeply rooted into mine as my father who was a stock broker then lost it all due to the scam. If I had the powers, I would bring Harshad Mehta to life just to kill him myself.

Even to this day it boils my blood when someone asks why I (a Gujrati) am not into stock market like my dad used to be (and still is but in a much lesser capacity).

2 Likes

Yeah, a lot gets portrayed on how many benefited from that, but not much about many many others who were on the wrong side due to it. They did give one example, but overall if I read comments across reddit, YouTube, etc. and there’s still not complete concurrence on the wrong doings.

1 Like

NYT calling Shiv Sena a progressive party. :joy:

5 Likes

Do unbiased journalism even exist anymore I wonder?

Just popping by to see what’s happening in here - not too much!

1 Like