Ligue Un discussion

Wow, if the news is accurate, that is such a big lump of coal dished out by PSG to Tuchel. Bah Humbug.

1 Like

Oh really, didn’t know this. Our Jurgen is demanding too, but he is excellent at man management as well. I do feel for Thomas as he had to manage so many egos at that club though.

I think Thomas will not have a problem finding another managerial job as he is very experienced.

2 Likes

Tuchel’s sacking could be due to this interview as well, maybe

1 Like

I think he’s a very good manager however he just wasn’t a good fit at PSG in many opinions.
His pressies and interviews often led to controversy, that’s why I say I’m surprised he lasted as long as he did. On a tactical level on occassion he changed the system drastically and PSG lost so got lambasted from many corners. If he had won he would have been hailed as a tactical genious as I don’t watch PSG I couldn’t tell you if his tactical tinkering was wise or not but the press didn’t like it.

1 Like

So Poch to PSG joined by Alli in January then

1 Like

This. Rinse, repeat. Overrated Poch has no excuses now and nothing to bellyache about when it comes to resources. All eyes are on you now, nowhere to hide.

And Poch is no stranger to oddities and quirkiness himself. PSG are no further ahead with Poch at the helm.

3 Likes

Tuchel was never really convincing to me. That can be because I know shit or because I measured him against Klopp.

However, at PSG, winning the CL is the gold-standard for success. That was always going to be a very difficult task for a manager who not only haven’t won anything but but have a rather short span in managing top teams.

I don’t think Poch will survive long either.

2 Likes

We’ll have to see. I think the supporters of PSG will warm to him and that’s really important at that club.

1 Like

I think Poch is a giant phony and really big crybaby. Cult of personality, and I’ve never understood the charm. It’s always been completely lost on me.

2 Likes

Yes but what you think about Poch has no worth when it comes to PSG.
I quite like Poch I find him ‘refreshing’ like everyone he has his qualities and his faults. I’m just saying how I see/read it.
Just another saga in the story of PSG.

3 Likes

Lol yes, of course. PSG didn’t call me before hiring him. Don’t be so daft, Flobs. My post was my opinion of Poch in a vacuum.

2 Likes

Funnily enough, they did call @Scott.Jones but he told them to fuck off.

He hates the French, as well.

6 Likes

You were replying to my post that was about how I thought Poch might fit in at PSG. All ligitimate. :wink:

2 Likes

He loves me though. :rofl:

4 Likes

Who doesn’t? :thinking:

3 Likes

Who, Poch!!!

I feel even if the supporters are fond of him, if he doesn’t fit with clubs strategic interest, it wont work.

Wouldn’t want Tuchel anywhere near LFC. He’s a Klopp wannabe who never will be.
PSG should be doing what Celtic, Juve, Bayern have done in their respective leagues.
Although Pirlo looks like he’s out of his depth and Celtic now they face a manager who can manage are struggling.

Tuchel always seems petty and too big for his boots.

You see sportspeople grow. The legends always have a quality but the achievements then allow for assurance, confidence, even some arrogance or cockiness but always mixed with humility. Think Federer, Nadal, Klopp, King Kenny, Pelé.

I don’t see any growth in Tuchel’s personality.

Not sure how Poch fits at PSG. He demands his players work hard and submit their egos to the greater good. PSG is the exact opposite of that.

I like Poch. I thought he did a great job at Spurs. But he’s never actually won anything. Going from a club where silverwear is a rarity to where it is expected are two very different propositions. That’s why I’m not sure if he was the right candidate for ManU

2 Likes

I love Pochettino. I think he is a lovely personality. He wasn’t given the cash to spend at Spurs. I am sure he would have won a cup.

I think he has less arrogance and more humility compared to some high calibre managers. He is also very gracious in defeat as well.
The book ’ A Brave New World’ is a great read.

I hope he does well and wins the title in France, except against us.

2 Likes

I’ve always felt slightly lukewarm about him due the approach he had on at least three occasions in regards concussion and head injuries.

1 Like