Liverpool Coaching Staff

Stevie will be in charge here one day. That can wait for now.

Any other new manager would come in and make changes. Not just changes in the squad and the football. He would try to bring in ideas for everything.

But we are happy with almost everything that Klopp has established here, aren’t we?

So the best way to keep that alive for some more years would be to give the job to Pep who has been a driving force for this all already.

2 Likes

I think the one think that defined our success of the 70s and 80s was continuity so that’s a good shout.

You only have to look across Stanley park to see the mess that a new manager with new ideas on everything gets you into

2 Likes

From what I read about Pep at NEC is his methods were just too advanced for the players he had at his disposal, so something he’d not have if managing here. He still managed a 50% win ratio which isn’t exactly the worst, he just failed to get promoted.

I’d think his time at NEC was probably a bit of a humbling experience for him and in the long term benefit him.

Everything I read from Klopp and the tactical innovation we’ve done over the last few years the people behind that are Pete and Pep.

2 Likes

There are a few different scanarios.

There is no Klopp-clone, we all know that.

I don’t think Lijnders is the driving force, Klopp is. That sometimes reminds of the talk about Buvac, how we were apparently f*cked when he left. Yeah, Lijnders probably does have very decent input in the work here, perhaps a little more than your “usual” assistant coach.

It’s totally valid if we want to continue down more or less the same route in terms of playing style.

But that can also be accomplished with someone other than Pep Lijnders. I’m not saying no to him, but just that there will be different options and scenarios possible.

It could work with Stevie or Lijnders, it might not. It could work with someone we never even mentioned so far, it might not.

3 Likes

I have a suspicion that the plan is to keep the backroom staff and simply replace Jürgen with Stevie as long as he does well with Villa. It would mean the maximum amount of continuity behind the scenes and provide Stevie with a solid base on which to build.
Seeing Gerrard at Kirkby just emphasised this impression.

But does he deserve the chance? Not yet, and he has a lot to proof first, IMO.

I agree, but I can still see it happening.

Not sure if that’s possible or even good?

Stevie had and still has his own team so far at Rangers and Villa. Some of them are actually ex-Liverpool staff members as well.

Klopp is Klopp, Stevie is Stevie. Maybe some of the current members will move on.

I say we first have to get the manager decision right and then see what are his wishes, what are the current Liverpool staff members wishes and form a team around him.

1 Like

The problem is that a lot of the back room staff are Jurgen guys and not liverpools guys.

Will pep stay after Klopp goes? Probably not if he wants the job and is turned down.

Only 1 - Pete, everyone else came in at Jurgens request or were already here. Klopp got quite a few promoted.

Pep, for me, is a number two. I don’t think he has the right mindset and personality for the head honcho role.

He’s too detail orientated, too obsessive, doesn’t have the gravitas. Some people don’t. He’s a very, very good assistant but that’s where he should remain imo.

3 Likes

Going to be a must watch when released

Could be Pep. :slight_smile:

It is Pep. I reckon it’s the champions league final against Spurs he will analyse

Love that channel and that series.

Tite was very good the couple of times I’ve watched him, has a wonderful and passionate way of explaining things.

2 Likes

Yeah I liked the mourinho one, his attention to detail is fascinating. One of my favourite personalities and managers in the game

Oh yeah that was also a good one. I liked a lot of it, very good channel.

1 Like
5 Likes