Liverpool Coaching Staff

He actually brought a lot more insight though.

He did an interview just after he joined talking about the defensive structure of throw ins and how most players and coaches rarely looked beyond 2nd phase but he was noticing patterns as deep as 4 phases, little things like this is what saw us get to 2 Champions League finals (winning 1) including Trents quick corner against Barca (it was him that noticed in the frist leg Barca players turning off for corners)

6 Likes

Or that he only has so much knowledge to share. And I dont mean that as a knock on him. BUt there is a reality that after 5 years all he’s got left are variations on the same theme and the players and existing and coaching staff can carry on with he showed everyone.

2 Likes

David Woodfine, the club’s director of loan management, is slated for a summer exit. David Woodfine: Liverpool's Loan Chief Set for Summer Exit

1 Like

slighty concerned as it says he is responsible for the Diaz deal and Neco Williams leaving, but is rumoured to be taken over by the academy recruitment man, Matt Newberry for the summer who will be then replaced after. Seems not very organised tbh

Newberry seems obvious person for this I guess. I do wonder if there is a group of people arriving at the same time.

Sounds more like Michael Edwards will be starting work again somewhere soon

1 Like

lol the loan manager was not “responsible” for the Díaz signing, the article clearly states he just went with the club doctor to do a remote medical :person_facepalming:

1 Like

My misses is expecting a big check to come in the mail (one of her clients is demanding to pay by traditional check). Im going to receive that letter and give it to her and say Im responsible for bringing in that money to the household.

1 Like

The mailman will claim you as a dependent. :joy:

Funny

The Athletic:

Liverpool analyst Dominic Price has left the club to take over as Maccabi Tel Aviv’s technical director.

The 32-year-old will work closely with former Liverpool striker Robbie Keane, who was recently appointed as the Israeli Premier League outfit’s head coach.

Price was a highly-regarded member of the backroom staff at Kirkby with a strong focus on post-match analysis. Liverpool didn’t want to lose him but appreciated that the offer from Maccabi Tel Aviv represented a major promotion.

He worked his way up the ranks at Liverpool after initially joining as a coach for the club’s international football academies in 2011.

He left to join Blackpool as first team performance analyst in 2020 but returned to Liverpool as first team post-match analyst in July 2022.

Are you going to apply?

@Sweeting would do the job for free :wink::rofl:

The Athletic:

“For other members of the backroom staff such as Andreas Kornmayer and John Achterberg, there is ongoing uncertainty as they wait to discover whether their services will be required when a new era begins.”

What is happening with our head nutritionist Mona Nemmar? She is amazing in what she has done for the nutrition at the club.

2 Likes

We’ll have Paul Small and John Achterberg making the decision over who’s our new manager.

The most footballing and experienced people left at the club (not counting the legend that is George Sephton!).

:joy:

1 Like

You forgot Taff.

I assume the medical team will remain.

Not sure if I want them to remain.

:joy:

To be fair it seems a bit better than it used to be. Klopp’s 3 games and then back is down to 3 weeks rather than 3 months.

Edwards was the “Head of Methodology” before being made Technical Director (August 2015) and greenlighting Klopp (October 2015). I’m sure we still have some nerds at the club.

I also think it’s a safe assumption the club didn’t appoint Schmadtke short term and then sit around twiddling their thumbs. Regardless of the Klopp news, this position was always in need of filling at this juncture.

1 Like