Liverpool FC - Pre-season

No injuries and I will be happy.

2 Likes

game just proved that the officials are crap but we also 3 or 4 players short to be a threat.

T T thinks he has won the champions league.:roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

true… the potential injury to macca did however highlight how short we are in that area… we need another player who can play as a cdm as well as a cm (kinda like hendo). we really are light in that area considering how many players (hendo, flaco,milly,ox, keita) in that position have left

To be fair, this is probably a bigger achievement than them actually winning their league

2 Likes

Is Macca’s injury serious?? Missed it as i was away.

we dont know yet…jus the thought that it might…

At some point injuries will happen anyway, just shows that we are still a bit short in midfield.

2 Likes

exactly this…

This is again why I’m not getting my hopes up on the league but then apparently that means I expect to aim for 6th place.

On a positive, i think Elliot played really well, so hopefully he can build on it.

5 Likes

On another positive note I believe offside still exists in the modern game.

1 Like

Just need a few transfers to complete our team. The layman can see it. Why can’t our recruitment see this? It would be negligent to go into the season leaving our team short again.

This is completely at odds with the very clearly stated comments from Klopp about what we’re thinking. We know we need to add more and we are working on it.

“#LFC boss Jurgen Klopp has played down fears of a serious injury for Alexis Mac Allister.”

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1686734705289236480?s=20

He’s going be sacked by January

2 Likes

That means he probably won’t play again for a month.

Just made it home after surviving the A1 Autobahn for 3 hours. Who’s bloody idea was that thing?

Anyway, judging by the 260 unread comments it must have been eventful?

Klopp just said all good, no injuries. That’s brilliant news

3 Likes

Before the game, I was imagining Matip remaining with some space around him in a back 3 against Bayern’s pace and it’s exactly where it leaked. So far in pre-season, Mac looks a bit shy to me in the phase when we’re in possession. I’d like him to offer himself more to receieve the ball, be more active in that phase. Szoboszlai’s work rate, defensive transition, covering of space and game in duels looks very positive.

1 Like