Liverpool FC - Pre-season

Those fretting about pre season results

Santa Claus GIF by GIF Greeting Cards

4 Likes

posts brian GIF

1 Like

Mods, Mods, Livvy is spreading positivity and hope.

2 Likes

Bloody foreigners.

1 Like

The way of how LFC got cut apart with literally a first team midfield is not very nice to seeā€¦There were gasps of horror and groans all around me everytime that happened.

Tbh James Pearce should be sacked long before thenā€¦oh you mean Tuchel :grimacing:

Elvira Mistress Of The Dark Halloween GIF by filmeditor

1 Like
2 Likes
2 Likes

https://twitter.com/AnythingLFC_/status/1686779118761787413

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldWrap/status/1686690503515840512

2 Likes

Imagine having to do a bloody press conference for a preseason friendly.

:man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Have to say Doak is for me a first team squad player from what Iā€™ve seen so far. Give him minutes in ECL and cups, I think we need to manage Salah a bit better he goes late into games and isnā€™t getting any younger. Iā€™d be happy to see Doak come on in those games in the league where we ahead as he has pace to burn and seems to not be easily bullied.

Bobby Clark is the other interesting one for me, looks better than Tyler Morton who I still liked for Blackburn last season whether he is another option I do wonder.

Elliott was also the third that interested me today, not easily bullied and defended more wisely than I had seen him.

Major concern for me is the defence, VVD looked fine with Konate in that spell but the drop off looks more and more when you introduce Matip. Also we need a DM that was obvious today. Dunno if Klopp considers Quansah (sic) but was hard to judge considering he was in a second string by the time he came on and if you are not going play offside who knows how effective a defensive system is that relies on it.

Oh and I think Dom is going be our best signing, looks strong on the ball, range of passing and has a bit of flair.

3 Likes

ECL?!?!? Nooooooooo, so Juve are rewarded with being disqualified from the competition for FFP breaches meanwhile weā€™re punished by being relegated to it for topping the FFP table?!?!?

No but jokes aside I think this kid just has it, arguably been our liveliest player this pre-season, always looks to make something happen. Trying to remember how good Sterling was at the same age, think this kid could be level with him back then. So many similar traits to what he had, rapid, fearless, wants to go at his man, that low center of gravity. At this point Iā€™d be disappointed if we didnā€™t see him start all the Europa group and domestic cup games.

Iā€™ve only just made the connection that he is Lee Clarkeā€™s kid. I remember reading about Clarkā€™s son being very highly rated a few years back and hadnā€™t realized weā€™d picked him up or that was who the Clark in our youth team was.

2 Likes

Ah my apologies Iā€™ve been writing it when planning my bets for tomorrow.

Anyhow that was my feelings having slept on it. I am a bit more concerned if we go into Chelsea with Jones in the DM, I think Iā€™d go with Macallister regardless if we sign someone will be interesting to see what he does in the Darmstadt game.

I have no doubt that he will be a great player. But I feel Alexis would be equally, if not more crucial in our campaigns. However, he will tend to slip under the radar. A Milner or Wijnaldum type character.

Heā€™s not as good looking apparently Ifti :wink:

Call Me Goal GIF by FC Red Bull Salzburg

3 Likes

To be honest I just donā€™t think weā€™ve had this kind of guy in the middle for a while, Iā€™m getting Alonso type vibes.

Itā€™s no diss on Macallister, he is a very Klopp like player and he will be a success. Dom has those attributes but there is something I donā€™t think Klopp has had, Lallana offered bits and Coutinho also but they never had the time to demonstrate that plus unlike Dom they were a bit easily pushed off the ball.

Anyhow I rarely analyse games so this was fun for me to do so today. Iā€™ll do the same against Darmstadt and then back to the usual ā€œresult matters moreā€ approach.

5 Likes