Liverpool FC - Pre-season

2 Likes

So not only can he paint works of art, but he is also a talented musician. Is there anything @gasband can’t do? :rofl:

1 Like

Watching the game on play back now.
New “system” looks like it needs work.
Full back areas destroyed on a few occasions first half by Bayern.

I have faith in Jurgen to fix this though, once he realises it was clearly Matip and Gomez at fault.

1 Like

I haven’t seen the game but you would see this as a coaching rather than personnel problem? We need a new CB at some point but I suspect this may end up being a January signing if anything.

1 Like

I can’t play as a number 6 :disappointed:

Big fan of Doak. Speaks volumes about his character that he still gets his mum to cut his hair as welll.

2 Likes

The final warm-up game coming up. Hopefully we will be well tuned by the time we face Chelsea.

2 Likes

But can you play Right Back?

If so, then I might have a cunning plan

Actually I can play in any position, just not very good. But I am humble that way.

some strange clips in there! First one he kicks the ball out. I didnt really notice him yesterday but I was working so was only watching with one eye.

We are miles away from a title challenge. Unless we bring in 3 or 4 players then 4th is our most realistic target. We are so poor without the ball and give up so many chances. We’ve gone from a solid unit to one that looks like conceding 2 or 3 every game.

I dont like this Trent role - good teams will expose it as Bayern did yesterday. Either play Trent in the middle or LB but not a hybrid - well not against the top teams.

Lots of work to be done and not a lot of pre-season time left.

1 Like

I think he’s realized this for a long time now. He has to play them as it doesn’t seem like we’ve identified any possible replacements.

AlexiMac you’re talking about? Concur with that tbh, only time I really noticed him was on the stroke of HT when he went down holding his knee…Szobo was more involved and did some nice things but also gave away a few fouls he most certainly would’ve seen a yellow for if it were a competitive game. Neither played at the level they can but pre-season is pre-season…you have to factor in the surface, conditions etc.

I am unsure about the 442 synopsis, but I am a bit more hopeful than you regarding next season.
I don’t think we need 4 more players to be honest. A DM and CB would be enough.
Not sure what you are basing your fears on? A pre season friendly vs Bayern?

The midfielders we signed, plus a fit Curtis is surely an upgrade on last season?

Plus the hybrid role was developing over the kast 10 or so games last season. I think there are bits to iron out, but when in possession it looks like a solid way of moving the ball.

I think I may be over optimistic, its my pre season default…but I think you are over pessimistic.

1 Like

Our midfield keeps running forward, Chelsea and Newcastle will slaughter us on the break if nothing chances

We just look so poor without the ball. Weve conceeded 10 in preseason.

We have no number 6 as of yet.

In fairness at least 4 of the goals we’ve conceded were miles offside

3 Likes

And at least 4 were against a very makeshift defence.

1 Like

Whoever is considering the results/performances of the preseason games as the yardstick to judge the development and preparedness of our squad isn’t far away from handing Ben Doak a starting berth and selling Mo Salah.

5 Likes