Liverpool FC - Pre-season

Yup, I went to the Liverpool v Leicester game a few years ago with my Leicester supporting friend, when Salah scored and we won 3-2.

It’s a nice ground and all just transport makes no sense in the slightest as you say they are going share the same platform

Why is the Community (Charity Shield) being played at the King Power Stadium? It’s not difficult to get there by car, it just seems a strange decision to me.

1 Like

Thanks for that, the reason is clearer now. Although playing the game at a stadium which holds half the number of fans is a bit strange.

1 Like

Leicester is the part that doesn’t make sense really, should be Villa Park if you want it away from Manchester.

2 Likes

Did we play one of our semi finals at Villa Park this year? if so, might be just spreading the games around?

1 Like

No.

1 Like

Very easy for both sets of fans to get to as well. But consideration of supporters, never enters into the decision making.

1 Like

Kick off is a bit idiotic as well, capacity is small. Only effectively 2 trains back and you it might be one if it goes to pens.

Not sure why it can’t be 3pm or at least 4pm. It’s usually 4pm or 4.30pm I can’t really see anything it clashes with.

I don’t think people will bother with the train journey, most will probably use coaches or cars. Great for the environment eh?

1 Like

Could be worse, they could try and fly.

1 Like

Flying from Manchester to East Midlands is ridiculous.

I think he is referring to the difficulties people travelling through Manchester Airport are reportedly experiencing :rofl:

That was my point.

Plus it allowed me the chance to have a dig at the scum for when they flew to Leicester last year

1 Like

my bad… :rofl:

Nah it was a free dig at Utd for flying from Manchester to Leicester for a game last year.

1 Like

6th of August start of the season? That’s one of the earliest I can remember. Not that I’m moaning about it. Hopefully our transfer business is more or less done by then, if not all of it (the most important bits).

Saturday 30th at 5pm - King Power, kick off time is still a bit silly but it’s at least a weekend night

3 Likes

What a shit decision

1 Like

It’s the FA every decision is

1 Like