Liverpool FC - Pre-season

Ok Wembley is unavailable but why out it in such a. Small stadium.

Any of the bigger premier league stadiums in London (Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham) Old Trafford, Villa Park or even St James Park would have been a better shout.

Incompetent

The sensible choice would have been Villa Park. But when has common sense ever been part of a decision made by the FA?

2 Likes

Guess they were afraid that Cheaty could not fill their part of on of the larger stadiums, I understand them … :innocent:

And now the schedule for 2022/23 is taking shape, as according to the Athletic’s James Pearce, Liverpool will reconvene for pre-season on Monday, July 4 .

Looking good for us so far for next winter - Salah, Diaz, Robbo all going to get the full world cup break.

2 Likes

Matip I assume as well, probably Konate but who knows and Thiago as well is 50/50 I do think he misses out due to the injury this international period.

1 Like

According to some reports there are plans for a preseason camp in Donaueschingen (South Germany) and a friendly against Karlsruher SC as the first game in their new stadium.

2 Likes

Bit slow our friends from T.I.A.

3 Likes

1 Like

One of the most important pre-seasons we’ve had in years.

:crossed_fingers:t4:

1 Like

“Summer in general” be the first one without international football bar the odd games in June.

Why do we have to go to Asia. So far away smh.

1 Like

Why not?

LFC is a global club, remind ourselves how big a fan base this great club has…also gives the chance for the Asian fans to once again see the club they love (something they don’t often get to do and it gives something of a thank you back to them for the hundreds that turn up from Asia to watch games at Anfield)…the support they show is fantastic every time we go out there.

2 Likes

Seems to be a lot of effort and don’t think we play well coming back from such.

1 Like

It’s only pre-season Euph, it’s not like we’ll land back in Liverpool 2 days before we play the first game of the season…we’ll still be well into pre-season when we come back and we usually conclude it by playing a game at Anfield a week before season starts.

What was our pre-season this season? Austria? About 2 hours away and look how we started.

1 Like

Swear we were in asia aswell. Bangkok or something

Been a while since we’ve been there, could be wrong though…we’ve mostly taken our pre-season tour stateside (pre-covid anyway), since then I think it’s been Germany/Austria.

Wouldn’t worry about it too much wherever it is, it’s not like we’ll have a Naby Keita around getting injured for 4 months from a sunburn.

1 Like

It was bangkok and Singapore.

1 Like

Yes, before last summer, i think it was around 2017 we last went.

1 Like

As someone who lives within the FIFA Asian qualification zone, I hate Liverpool visiting in preseason. Would much rather a quiet preseason in the mountains and Kirkby. If we want to enhance our ‘global appeal’ starting next season strongly will be much more effective than a few exhibition games with jetlagged players and a manager who would much rather be somewhere else.

3 Likes