Liverpool Pre- and Midseason 2022-23

Was hoping somebody had made a gif out of Carvalho’s nutmeg. The most delicious thing I’ve seen since Diaz’s midair backfoot ball control. The way he brings his left foot into play number or times to confuse his opponent makes him seem almost two footed.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/a_ixchwIk5A

3 Likes

IMO him being a local is one of the reasons he will have the chance to stay at the club for many years.

Again, I’m not saying he is shit. Going to be a useful squad player.

I am finding it hard to imagine how he will ever be able to be a regular starter for us.

1 Like

Is Curtis doing any worse than Henderson, Fabinho, or Thiago when they were 21?

4 Likes

Think Fabinho was a right back for Real Madrid B team lol

Fabinho signed for Monaco and they did some great stuff.

Henderson was a regular starter for Sunderland

Thiago was Barcas fourth choice midfielder behind Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta

The only midfielder Curtis is clearly ahead of atm is Ox.

2 Likes
6 Likes

thats where i see it too.

one of those guys that when its announced ‘this weekend curtis Jones will play his 200th game for the club’ your initial reaction is to question it, but then nod and say …‘yeah, i reckon thats about right actually’

He’d be the first player I can remember who was kept around just because he’s a local.

3 Likes

The Jimmy Case of this era.

3 Likes

Regarding Curtis, I think he needs to make more runs between and past opposing players into dangerous areas and either the coaches are not instructing him well or he is not understanding it well. My instruction board hopefully will help him be more effective.

3 Likes

How much for it @gasband ?

As I have received overwhelming interest for this particular piece, I would have to open this up for auction bidding but I am deciding between using TAN and Sotheby’s as the auction platform.

I Should Go Reaction GIF by Bounce

Are there any members here who have purchased a ticket onto the NFC pass that knows how long it usually takes for the details to appear on the pass?

Usually at any time before the game. Mine updated at various times last season. Sometimes the week before, sometimes the night before. If you’re talking about the Strasbourg friendly I don’t think they’re using the NFC pass for that one. Think they’re emailing passes out. Check the ticket website or contact the club if you’ve not received anything.

1 Like

I read about the friendly against Strasbourg in particular and the website said for all season tickets and members a “one-off” NFC pass was needed…No idea if I’m required to download the ticket separately so it appears in the wallet but since I’ve only made the purchase in the last hour I’ll wait until this time tomorrow before I go to the ticket office.

I’m going to the Strasbourg game with two of my children and we have NFC passes…

Bought the tickets at the end of June and NFC passes were sent to me on 15th July.

1 Like

Leipzig game was great.

Same as a few moments again Man United ignoring the result. Some good passages of play. Hard for players to be motivated in pre season friendlies. When we are against English clubs when it really matters like Man City, watch the pace be heavily turned up.