Liverpool Season: 2021-22

Bollocks to all the bed pissing round here.

Brentford will stick a massive one up Pep tonight. Arsenal will summon their inner George Graham on Saturday and stich them 1-0, then when we do the Chavs on Sunday it will be 3 points again.

4 Likes

So far, one not played and one lost with Chelsea away to come :see_no_evil:

I’ll never understand why people do this. Yes, last night was really disappointing, but we are not out of anything yet. If City were six behind us would they consider it over? Would they fuck.

We used to have a lad here in recent seasons who would post at the end of every transfer window exactly how we’d fail to win anything, like a shit Nostradamus. He was always wrong.

3 Likes

I really don’t want to sound too doom and gloom, nothing is over till its over and I’d never bet against Liverpool snatching an unlikely comeback victory and Klopp is the best manager in the game.

But it ain’t looking good. I always thought we’d have a stronger first half of the season than second. We always tend to have a bit of a blip in the New Year/Spring. AFCON might only deny us players for a few games (hopefully) but its another opportunity for a few dropped points as its some of our best players. Also we never seem to be keen on fixing issues and strengthening in January whereas other teams will look to see what issues they can try and fix in that window.

City aren’t looking like they’ll slow down. On course for 94 points at this rate and it could even end up more. We are on 41 points with 57 available. I think to win the league we might well have to pick up at least 50 of those points and possibly even all of them.

Long way to go but if there’s no collapse of some kind at City we are looking at an ever more unachievable goal. Its a miracle Klopp managed to stop them winning every league title with the resources he’s had compared to them.

2 Likes

The best-case scenario is that nobody makes it true the group and then we are without them for Arsenal, home and away, Shrewsberry and Brentford. If One of more goes true they miss Palace too. That’s it so it seems but if one or two go to the final they will miss the next round FA cup on February 5.

We still have two PL matches whose date’s have to be confirmed against Leeds and Arsenal, no idea if they could schedule them between January 26 and February the second otherwise there is a chance we miss the AFCON guys. .

We still don’t know for sure what the isolation rules will be till they happen as things can change daily. Plus we are acting on the hopeful assumption players come back fit and in form (dear Fowler please)!

Can I just point out, that for all the hand-wringing about AFCON, we haven’t had Keïta available for a few weeks anyway, and Salah and Mané were rather terrible last night?

Contrast that with the front three that (eventually) got us the goals in the League Cup. The only thing I’m concerned about at the moment with regards to AFCON is when Origi will finally reappear. With him in the squad, things will be a lot easier as we will have at the very minimum, some options. Without him, it starts to look a little thin. I think if we had Minamino last night things might have been somewhat different.

What do you mean “used to”?

@Walshy07’s still here.

2 Likes

Would like to give a big shout out to our Greek Scouser last night…
That lad gives it a right go no matter what others are doing…
Sort of gives ya a puffed out chest type of pride to think he plays for us…
Didn’t deserve to be on the losing side that’s for sure

5 Likes

Alisson: 24 games, 2160 minutes
Kelleher: three games, 270 minutes
Adrián: one game, 90 minutes

Trent: 20 games, 1769 minutes
Robertson: 19 games, 1538 minutes
Tsimikas: 14 games, 967 minutes
Neco: six games, 367 minutes

Matip: 21 games, 1845 minutes
VVD: 20 games, 1800 minutes
Konaté: ten games, 854 minutes
Gomez: ten games, 426 minutes
Nat: three games, 134 minutes

Henderson: 24 games, 1727 minutes
Fabinho: 19 games, 1385 minutes
AOC: 22 games, 1139 minutes
Thiago: 14 games, 792 minutes
Keïta: 15 games, 724 minutes
Milner: 17 games, 715 minutes
Curtis: nine games, 608 minutes
Morton: seven games, 425 minutes :clap:
Elliott: four games, 250 minutes

Salah: 25 games, 2162 minutes :grimacing:
Mané: 25 games, 1962 minutes
Jota: 23 games, 1633 minutes
Firmino: 15 games, 670 minutes
Minamino: 13 games, 525 minutes
Origi: ten games, 393 minutes

Matip 2nd highest minutes…! WOW… what were the odds of that before the season began eh

Salah
Alisson
Mane
Matip

But yeah, this is a pleasant surprise :pray:

Any idea how many players and stuffs have tested positive?

Hmm, let’s see

Jan 13: Arsenal
Jan 16: Brentford
Jan 20: Arsenal
Jan 23: Palace
Jan 23-26: AFCON R16
Jan 29-30: AFCON QF
Jan ??: Leeds
Feb 2-3: AFCON SF
Feb 6: AFCON Final
Feb 5/6: Cardiff
Feb 10: Leicester
Feb 13: Burnley
Feb 16: Inter
Feb 19: Norwich

Ten games in 38 days :grin:

Can’t find any fixtures between Feb 19 and Mar 5. probably NT Break :man_facepalming:

3rd week of Feb is usually international break, last week of Feb is usually LC final and league games that have been affected by cups (and probably covid as well this year)

I saw on our official web that after our match on 23 Jan with CP, there is absolutely no matches except for the Cardiff FA Cup match until 10th Feb with Leicester? only 1 match with Cardiff in almost 18 days? Is there international break during that period?

Isn’t that the winter break? Although we might have to play Leeds in that period.

I think that was the Winter Break which is now being used for the postponed WCQ games in South America and Asia.

Jan 27: rescheduled games from Oct 7
Feb 1: rescheduled games from Oct 12

Sunday Feb 6th 12:00h Cardiff (h) FA Cup

Thursday Feb 10th 19:45h Leicester (h) PL :rage:

Sunday Feb 13th 14:00h Burnley (a) PL :rage:

Wednesday Feb 16th 20:00h Inter (a) CL

Saturday Feb 19th 15:00h Norwich (h) PL

I‘m sure Klopp will once again be fuming about this. Instead of helping their teams who are playing in the CL they do the opposite and give us the Thursday - Sunday thing.