Liverpool Season: 2021-22

STOP THE COUNT!!!

1 Like

Cannot finish lower than 3rd now.

2 Likes

Ten more wins

5 Likes
6 Likes

Not only that, but also for the Conference League.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

great job wow GIF by You're The Worst

1 Like

Would you consider just winning the cup treble a successful season but missing out on league title, in comparison to our league title winning season.?

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

0 voters

I’m not a fan of the ‘first is first, second is nowhere’ mentality. I don’t accept that the boundary between success and failure should be marked by a single game of football. That can turn on a bad referee, a bit of luck, an injury.

To me, a good season is one where you still have meaningful football to play as April turns to May. Here we are, on April 27th, a very good shout for winning the Quadruple. The fucking Quadruple.

But we could win nothing more than the league cup. That’s a real possibility. And if that happens, you have to look at this team, that is a European Semi away from playing in every fixture possible this year, and acknowledge it might be one of the greatest campaigns in our history.

So I’ll take the treble right now. Absolutely bite your hand off for it.

15 Likes

If we lose the title by one point, it won’t be down to any one particular moment but one of the crucial factors would be the deflection off Matip that gave City their equaliser at Anfield.

I think that is covered by ‘bit of luck’ no?

Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

1 Like

The rescheduled match, May-17, Tuesday, is only three days after Liverpool’s FA Cup final appearance against Chelsea at Wembley.

1 Like

Well, it was inevitable. There was no other date before the season finale on May 22.

Not Wednesday the 18th? They’re fucking us here, same as with the Newcastle match. Cunts.

2 Likes

If 24hrs makes that much difference between us beating Southampton and not beating them, then do we deserve to be looking at the Quadruple?

Time to suck it up and enjoy the ride

1 Like

I meant that was the only mid-week slot available to reschedule that game. But you are right, PL seems to be determined to give us the worst schedule possible. But we (still) have the depth in squad to manage such difficulties so let’s just enjoy the ride.

2 Likes

They can’t do the 18th, because I’m busy.

1 Like

18th is the Europa League final so it couldn’t be played then. Saturday to Tuesday is fine. Completely normal gap between games. I suppose they could have played it on the Thursday but Thursday night football is shit and then it’s only 3 days until the Wolves game. In any case Southampton will have their flip flops on. We should be winning that one easy.

2 Likes

Opened this thread up for the first time in a while and this was the first post I read.

LOL

3 Likes