Liverpool Season: 2021-22

We had some already, maybe too many for the Klopp era but

i am praying to all football gods for one last football miracle on sunday.

2 Likes

…and then another one the following weekend

1 Like

No miracle needed in Paris. That’s in our hands. It’s a final. Winner gets the price.

The miracle is needed for the Villa match.

Tbh id be ok if we win the PL and don’t win the CL.

3 Likes

But it would still be miraculous to complete the Q…d :wink:

Ssssshhhhhh!!!

Nope.

Hard work brought us where we are now. Hard work will hopefully make us win our remaining games.

But we need a miracle for the game we are not participating in.

3 Likes

Interesting timing, this parade.

Yeah I’m not a fan of the timing, tbh. Though it would seem odd to wait a week after the CL final to have the parade, so I dunno.

I think the parade is timed for when they arrive back from Paris and the whole squad is still together

1 Like

I would imagine this is the reason. The squad can then begin to blow off steam and begin holidays at the soonest opportunity. Also, that weekend begins half term in the UK the latter part of which is a double bank holiday - part of which to celebrate the Queen’s jubilee.

2 Likes

It’ll be a little flat on the off chance we lose the final. Throw in the Heysel anniversary and the logistics for fans travelling back from Paris who might not have access to chartered flights, it’s not wonderful.

1 Like

Considering the squad we have this season was a disappointment. We won the FA cup which is a proper prize but we lost out on the two big ones.

Sure, but… I don’t know, I just can’t find it in me to be disappointed with this. It would have been great to win the CL, but to me it was 50/50 going into the game. A final is a final, and Real Madrid are who they are.

For me this was a really good season. Had we won this game and the league, it would have been perfection. As good as it could get. So when we end up with two trophies, another final, and more than 90 points in the league, challenging right until the end… I am aware that elite sports is about winning, and the margins are what defines it. But I just can’t feel disappointment after this season.

I feel sorry for our players though, because they deserved everything.

6 Likes

It’s a good season and been an enjoyable ride, there are 18 other teams in that PL that had a far shitter season.

4 Likes

By a grand total of 3 goals.

2 Likes

3 goals, 30 goals 300 goals it does not matter, we did not get those prizes that is wat matters.

In the last 5 years we played 3 CL finals and we played 3 PL ‘finals’ on both occasions we lost two and won one, it tells me something …

Incredible season. Couldn’t be more proud of this group.

Many wrote us off after last year.

Our response? Reached three finals. Won two cups. And we’re very close to win the league.

Ideally we win the league with a few games to go and are able to save some energy for the CL final but we had to go full throttle all the time.

Also, we were very lucky with injuries all season but in the end it kicked in. Bad timing.

6 Likes

Agreed all around.

I could not be more proud of this specific group, in this specific moment of our history. Not to sound overly dramatic, but aside from being fantastic footballers and giving us countless memories and moments of happiness, they are an incredibly charming group and very easy to support on the most basic human level. There is a unique emotional connection between this group and supporters.

Perhaps a thought for another day, but I do think a small wrinkle or tweak may be needed to freshen things up for next season. Not at all a personnel tweak, mind, but a tactical one.

4 Likes

1 win and 1 goal away from the quadruple, the team that improves on that will win it all.

3 Likes