Liverpool Season: 2021-22

League title play-off game between the 22nd May and the 28th May, anyone?

At this point, I’ll take it. Imagine the scenes if we win this weekend, win the PL like that and then win the CL as well. Mike drop, nobody is topping that. Ever.

3 Likes

I’m a romantic. I can’t/don’t give up on anything until it’s practically impossible. I still hope that Cheaty will draw their next two games and we will win ours by three goals. My heart is still set on that and it will ache if it doesn’t happen. But I will be really disappointed, and really, really, pissed if we don’t win the two Cups. It’s not the trophies, I hate losing finals and I think it’s pretty damning. I don’t really care how much it will piss Pep when we win the CL. We are just too big to be drawn into any banter with a blood-fueled club and a coke-fueled Pep. We have to win it for our sake.

6 Likes

If they somehow drew 2 then the goal difference wouldn’t matter take 2 1 nil wins at that stage

5 Likes

Yeah, you will probably get better odds on them getting two draws rather than us reclaiming goal difference.

Anyone tremendously excited by the prospect that in just 5 days time we could have another trophy in the bag and top the league table with a game to go?

8 Likes

It’s totally depressing. And after all that we still have to travel to Paris which will shorten our preparation for 22-23.

I’m hoping that we have our ‘Aguero’ moment, in the 89th minute against Wolves. Just imagine the noise and wild celebrations.

1 Like

Step by step to glory. This is the cusp on where we stand: joining the teams with two proper* trophy lift seasons from the past.
(1984)
(2001)

*not including super cup/ world club cup/ charity shields

2 Likes

Anyone in Liverpool for the final in Paris, either local or actually heading there?

Kiev I got in the ground, Madrid was outside the ground (tickets were just too expensive for me that time), this time I’ve opted to be in Liverpool for a few days and hopefully be there for a brilliant parade on Sunday. Unfortunately due to lockdown, we couldn’t be there in 2020. So I see this as sort of a backup plan.

I will be there from Friday to Monday.

I think my mate booked some £11 tickets to watch the final in The Sandon. Any other recommendations where best to go? Any other events? I guess the whole Boss aquad will be in Paris and rightly so.

Maybe see a few forumites, who knows.

1 Like

I’ve no chance if a ticket…train fare from LondonSt Pancras to Paris…£189.50… to sit in a fan zone…would be great…but it’s in the living room…patio doors wide open…might find a bottle of fizzy stuff…tv on loud…and wait for the fireworks…

1 Like

The M&S Bank Arena in Liverpool, is screening the game. I don’t know how much the tickets are.

1 Like

Check this thread mate

2 Likes

Or it’ll be us waiting for City to have the opposite of an Aguero moment as Phil bangs one in on the 89th minute for Villa to take the lead/equalise, whilst we’re cruising to a 3-0 win.

Either way, it’ll be stress…but gotta do the job tonight first!

To be in with a chance of winning this thing at this stage despite getting 4 fewer points in total against City, Chelsea and Spurs than last season, seems like some kind of rebuttal of common sense as the basis for predicting a season.
Is this post-lockdown season going to be in the end the strangest of the last three?
Our first XI in top league games underperformed, as our squad performance levels climbed to new heights.

2 Likes

Or maybe, it’s just the case that too much is made of the head-to-heads, where it isn’t really “won” or “lost” most of the time…

3 Likes

Not sure that ‘underperformed’ could be attached to any part of this wonderful season. Yes we drew most (all?) of our PL games against City, Chelsea and Spurs but we played really well in some of those and had some awful decisions go against us. We also beat them in the cups

4 Likes

Dropping ten points from winning positions isn’t good.

Even so, we would’ve already won the league by now if our games and Manchester City’s were arbitrated equally.

When trying to figure out where we ‘lost’ the league, worth remembering we were 14 points behind in January but have taken it to the last day while also going all the way in all the cups…

I don’t think we lost the league, I think we performed miracles to even be in with a shout.

9 Likes

Think this is probably the right thread for this. Parade details

4 Likes