Liverpool Season: 2021-22

3 Likes

Lonely Days, Lonely Nights, Where Would I Be Without My Reds? 41 Days, 41 Nights on the countdown! I’m jonesing out daily waiting with anticipation for the 21/22 Season to start! Great to see VVD getting ready, God, but I’ve missed him! If it wasn’t for England playing in the Euros I’d be one pissed off unhappy camper! It was so cool to see Hendo score! Oh well, just needed to vent and have some contact with like minded Red Fans.

1 Like
1 Like

Anyone know how Trent is doing? Is he on target to make preseason?

Nothing to suggest otherwise. TAA, VVD, Matip, Gomez, all expected to attend training on July 12. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I dunno his exact words but on the interview on the BBC he said he was raring to go in pre season or something like that so seems it.

2 Likes

I genuinely can’t wait to see the season start either, feels almost like a fresh slate for us. Hopefully the team will be well-rested and raring to go. I’m of the mindset that if any signings are to be made, they should be more of the Konaté type, building towards the future rather than needing to fill an immediate hole, since our main problem last season was the catastrophic cascade of injuries, which we hopefully won’t be seeing this season…

1 Like

I’m looking forward to the pre-season now. A few good pressure-free games to watch, you can see the new signings in action, watch a few youngsters promoted to the squad and so on. It’s always a good period to see the players getting back into gear. And yeah, the new season will feel like a clean slate after that horrible, injury-ridden last term.

Really looking forward to get rid of the international football and back to things which really matter!

5 Likes

finally!!!

a footballer willingly speaking from the heart and telling it how it is, not from the usual mundane PR sifted nonsense…

Potentially 9 games…a quarter of the season! I’m all for players representing their countries but that’s taking the piss, with the massive wages that we’re paying him. Not to mention the injury risk

3 Likes

It’s more FIFA taking this piss in the scenario though isn’t it? A needless cup organised right in the middle of December…

2 Likes

Probably a bit more actually. Players will probably join NT camp two weeks before AFCON starts. Also, you can’t expect players to start the next game after returning. All that not considering injuries, COVID, or whatever.

1 Like

They usually there a week or so before, I’ve seen them occasionally miss the FA Cup game.

I think those probably will be the games with the FA Cup, I do feel we need another option regardless especially with that Arab cup.

AFCON??? Actually AFCON will create the minimum of disruptions since it will coincide with the Winter Break.

1 Like

the point of the winter break is its a winter break.

i wouldnt call half the forward line not getting a winter break when the rest of the league does a minor disruption

1 Like

You don’t understand. Yes, Mane, Salah, and (probably) Keita will not get the break/rest like the other players; but they will miss fewer games due to the break overlapping with AFCON.

Look at Arab Cup. They would have missed similar number of games if AFCON didn’t overlap with the winter break.

Time for matchday threads @GermanRed @Quicksand

Kitten Stretching GIF

1 Like

Our new wall.

5 Likes

Matchday thread…

Mr Mayor Waiting GIF by NBC

1 Like

Ted shoulda been down the bar with his old drinking buddies. It’s getting all above yourself like that that ends up with you in desperate corporate sport-spectating soullessness.

1 Like