Liverpool vs Arsenal | PL Matchday 31| Sunday April 9th 16:30

Alisson
Gomez Konate vDijk Robertson
Alexander-Arnold Milner Jones
Salah Gakpo Nunez

I’m not particularly happy with that midfield but what combination can we put together that I would be happy with?

Jones played well at Stamford Bridge and can lead a press. Alexander-Arnold doesn’t get midfield coverage so let’s take that pressure off. I think Gomez will do better 1v1 against Martinelli than Trent would.

I don’t want Fabinho in the team.

Maybe something to start focusing on now would be future planning. Play the shape we want to play next season, play the players who have a future past this summer, get some perperation in now so that pre-season isn’t a root and branch reset.

2 Likes

Is Hendo injured? I’d play him if he isn’t.

best scenario all round… we beat these and the Cheaters lose against Saints

2 Likes

Let’s just win for the joy of it! :joy:

Anyone but Utd otherwise could care less who wins the title, Arsenal annoyed me so much after losing to Everton that I wished they lost out but on reflection I’m back to not caring.

For this game just experiment with the side, nothing to lose…It’d be refreshing just to see something different for a change.

Ali
Gomez Matip Virgil
Trent Milner Melo Robbo
Salah Carvalho
Nunez

If we go with a three man midfield I don’t believe we will get anything,
If I was the manager I would be going with 3 at the back,our wingbacks would be stopping their attacking wide players and also supplying ammunition for our front boys.

Not sure i want us to win this but i’d love to see us try 4213. Go all out and just have our DMs defending and leave the attack to the top 4 and FBs.

Ali
TAA Konate VVD Robbo
Hendo Fab
Bobby
Mo Nunez Jota

With Gakpo coming on for either Bobby or Jota partway through the second half. If i could see our midfield being better than theirs id be fine with 433 but whatever midfield we put out i think it’ll get overrun, may as well just try to outscore them.

2 teams 10 pts ahead, 10 games left, minuscule chance. Slight chance for EL, and unfortunately a good chance of making the ECL.

I want us to win every game.
Also, I’ll be at it with my daughter so let’s go Reds

6 Likes

TAA vs Martinelli :eyes:, I’ll take my chances with Gomez as fullback.

I basically didn’t think we’d get anything out of the last two matches once I realised we were away.

Arteta is actually a Lego…

I wouldn’t say I’m confident of a win against Arsenal. They are the best team in the comp for a reason. But knowing we are 9-3-1 at home this year means it really shouldn’t be a shock to anyone if we do actually win it. Just as it shouldn’t be a shock if we then went and lost to Leeds away the following match week.

I’d fucking love to understand why we have such a strong allergic reaction to playing away.

We need to come out feisty with a quick tempo like we did at Chelsea, but be much cleaner with the ball than we were two days ago. Anfield hasn’t been a happy hunting ground for this lot over recent years.

1 Like

Good news

1 Like

I hope our lads can make amends and win this one. I still see the Middle Eastern cheaters as the next champions, not because they are so good this season, but because at some point, the likes of Xhaka etc. will show that they aren’t ready for the title and lose a few games in a row. Hopefully it’s against us that they will start faltering, and hopefully our lads can take full advantage.

At least, the defensive side of our game was ok against Chelsea, and let’s face it, we are a totally different beast at home this season than away from home. No idea why that is so, but it’s a a fact.

3-0.

Did you see the game - we were lucky that their strikers couldn’t hit a barn door or indeed a barn (or whatever the phrase is)!

1 Like

I like the term “couldn’t hit a bull’s arse with a banjo”.

COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

4 Likes