Liverpool vs Arsenal | PL Matchday 31| Sunday April 9th 16:30

Is that why we break so many?

Complete midfielder. :sunglasses:

Hopefully we can have one of Thiago/Jones starting, maybe share that position over 90 minutes between them.

Nah, klopp was clueless starting him on the bench against Chelsea and taking Nunez off v real Madrid. :rofl::rofl:

I prefer “couldn’t get laid in a brothel with a fist full of 50’s”

It’s been 11 years since Arsenal’s last 90 minutes win at Anfield.

Other than that, they’ve gone through on penalties in the League Cup in 2020.

2 Likes

I thought that we won that one? Both sides played a lot of youngsters. Curtis Jones got the winning penalty? Or was that a different season?

Edit to say I’ve just googled it and the one I was thinking of was a year earlier.

COYR YNWA :+1: :nerd_face:

Different seasons. We won in 19/20 on penalties at Anfield. We lost in 20/21 on penalties at Anfield. Both were League Cup 4th round games.

1 Like

As a matter of fact, I didn’t. I just saw the result, and assumed that we weren’t too bad in that regard.

So, we were shit throughout? It can only get better! :+1: :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, dreadful. Keystone cops back there with Konate and Matip, and Tsimikas was no better.

Ali saved us a few times, as per. Think the official stats showed Chelsea’s xG over 2.

1 Like

I don’t care who wins the league to be honest. For me the Gooners will be a better Leicester. Took advantage of a few sides in transition, perfect storm and all that. It will drive me mad if Arteta’s wins it as I don’t think he’s anything special as a manager.

Maybe I’m being mean spirited. Maybe it’s because Man City’s crappy form didn’t coincide with our great form.

2 Likes

Trent must stay on the bench, I would pack the midfield and play either Nunez or Salah up front on their own, if we go 433 they will win easy. Desperate times.

Don’t think we have enough fit midfielders to pack it … :sunglasses:

I would have definitely played Gomez at right back, but he was missing from training today.

Trent must stay on the bench, we wouldn’t want anyone in the side to create a chance for their teammates.

4 Likes

Yeah Trent on the bench pfft. Ridiculous idea.

1 Like

Difficult situation for Jurgen at the moment because if a player or players have deserved to be dropped from a starting line-up to prove a point or to be used as a shock tactic to these individuals, then bringing them into the game as a 60min substitute, or re-instating them immediately in the next game, sort of loses the initial message.
Not sure with the poor form some of them are in at the moment, we have to beware they are not granted game-time by reputation alone.

If Gomez is fit he should start, he doesn’t create any thing apart from the chance he brought a good save from the chavs keeper :joy:

Hard one this. Arsenal fan at work has been keeping his cards close to his chest all season. A little dent in his quiet dreams would be ok but if it gives City a chance then I’m a bit torn. Anyone but them, literally anyone.

Team wise I’ve no idea other than Ali, Nunez and Gakpo. Ali is still showing his quality, Nunez and Gakpo effort. The rest?

Who says put him on the bench? I’d have him in midfield.

Doing the same things and expecting different results is madness.
klopp will do the same play 433 , high line try to press ,hang nunez on the left to dry and arsenal will pick us nice and easy , hopefully am wrong