Liverpool vs. Chelsea: Kangaroo Cup Final, Sun 27th February 2022 16:30 GMT

Can see this 1 going to pens if I’m honest, think both teams will dominate each half and same again in ET.

Almost certain the team will be like Leeds only Hendo in for Curtis & of course Kelleher in for Alisson.

1 Like

Kelleher penalty heroics incoming

1 Like

Please let’s settle this before needed, there is only so much I can take.

2 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :nerd_face:

5 Likes

No , it’s not just you. This is the first time I’ve even looked at this thread. For ninety minutes on Sunday I’ll be behind the lads but win or lose , we still have to return to the horror of what is unfolding in Europe.

7 Likes

DAZN has the embarrassing task of adding 4 players in the Liverpool and plastic combined 11. Mount and Lukaku the most embarrassing. Kante I can understand, and Rudiger it could be argued that he could replace Matip, other than that, Mount? Lukaku? No wonder they list Football as soccer.

1 Like

Could not agree more. Let’s see lots of Ukraine flags and some arm bands on players.

6 Likes

I’m going try and just enjoy this.

I am positive we are still going on another 3 fronts, it’s absolutely unique, if we win great, I just want our lads to put out a performance they can be proud of.

3 Likes

Kells

Trent Joel Virgil Robbo

Hendo Fab Thiago

Mo Sadio Lucho

Dio an option for the last 20 mins if we need goals.

Hope we pulverise them.

3 Likes

I’m so depressed and disturbed at the moment. Part of mind says it will be a good distraction and part of my mind says it will be a shameful denial. I was so hyped for this game.

I hope we make some statement/gesture expressing solidarity with Ukraine. Can’t we (TAN) ask the club, players, supporters to wear badge or carry banners denouncing the war?

5 Likes

I know we cannot divorce politics from sport conveniently, as life intertwines everything.

But I hope that there is no symbolic shows tomorrow, because at best its tokenism.
As the fucked up world decays maybe we need a couple of hours not dominated by horrific news?

I am in no way attempting that divorce of politics and sport, as there is merit to actions supporting anti racism etc, but I see this as akin to Joe Bloggs putting the Ukraine flag on his FB profile and thinking Putin will take notice.

1 Like

The world is and has been shit for too long, so I cherish any joy that can be found right now.

Smashing Abramovich’s Chelsea on Sunday sounds pretty good to me and far more symbolic and inspiring than any kind of token gesture.

4 Likes

Nice article in the Irish media about young Kelleher

2 Likes

The most telling difference between the pyschology of the two teams will come down to the Klopp-Lijnders inspired mindset of winning it in the first 70 minutes versus Tuchel approach of edging the second 70 minutes.
LFC start favourites by some distance and Chelsea’s job is to bring that distance closer to them as the game draws to its close.
They’re really not able to be as front-footed as we are.

2 Likes

Our toughest game / opponent since we last played them at the start of the year tbh.

It’s a fifty-fifty game. Not only because it is a final. Games against them under Tuchel have been very competitive and intense.

They have players coming back from injury and we will miss Bobby and maybe Diogo.

It’s a shame because 5 subs are possible and the game might go to extra time.

1 Like

Wonder if Kepa starts tomorrow

:pray: :pray:

4 Likes

I have a feeling Taki starts tomorrow

2 Likes

he was v good against us tbf

I doubt it. Klopp wants to win this so will start with his strongest or best suited 11 bar of course Kelleher who is good enough to start and who deserves it.

We have Norwich on Wednesday so if he starts that I won’t be surprised and I think he should with one of Mane and Salah used.

I tell you what wouldn’t surprise me is if he starts Hendo and not Fabinho in the middle but I guess we will see, I think he will want a number 6 available for the entire game so may think of switching especially with the ET issue if required.

Guess we will see, anyhow I’m tipping Diaz to lift himself on to the stage tomorrow

5 Likes