Liverpool vs. Leeds: Premier League, Wed 23rd February 19:45 GMT

Agree on all of that. The ‘earn it’ thing was fucking laughable, talking about a team that had blitzed just about every fucking team on the planet for the previous 18 months.

Anyway, full strength tonight, it would be a crying shame to drop points here after the events of last Saturday. These have conceded 18 goals in their last 5 away games so I’ve no doubt we’ll get plenty of chances, just need to be clinical.

2 Likes

Sky showing the game in full at 10.15 tonight.

Judging by the number of teams people want relegating we could end up with very few to play against next season… :thinking:

2 Likes

The great thing is that ever single team down there seem to think there are three worse teams than them.

2 Likes

In terms of “teams to go down” I would limit it to horrible fans and horrible owners. I’d also add horrible bus-parking bores, and dark-arts cheating bastards.

You’re right, I think we would end up with something like a CL group stage.

1 Like

I’ve not shifted from Burnley, Newcastle, and Everton. If the Ev could go down, while we win the league and sanctions on Usmanov scupper their stadium, they might not recover.

9 Likes

For me I want it to be Newcastle, Norwich and Watford…

Three from Norwich, watford, Brentford and Burnley. Think Toon escape it

It is vital for us to get three points today. So we can expect a strong lineup. Trent, Robbo and Fab all to return to starting XI after being duly rested v. Norwich, Thiago as well. I guess Klopp might rest Hendo in this one and one of the front three. Matip plays either this one or the final on Sunday i guess.

I hope Elliott comes off the bench and scores as a revenge for the broken ankle in Elland Road. I would start him, but I guess Klopp will take a more cautious approach.

---------Alisson---------
TAA-Konate-VVD-Robbo
Keita–Fabinho–Thiago
-Salah—Origi—Mane-

2 Likes

Their aggressive, intense and 1v1 style does leave spaces and that can be suicidal against a team like us, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’ll beat them every time and with a few goals. Top focus is needed again, not to accept a street fight of a match in a football sense.

5 Likes

This is why I relegations, I can always find something that pisses me off about a relegated club.

1 Like

I don’t like being the one to fix typos.

1 Like

Can you imagine it though. My god.

Happy GIF

2 Likes

Think I’d opt for Matip to start today, save Konate for Sunday, and possible matchup with Lukaku. Matip can get bullied by big, strong strikers (Dzeko gave him fits last week), so I’d rather man-mountain Virgil, and beast Konate be the ones for Chelsea.

Tapping Fabs, Thiago, Keita for midfield, and Mo, Origi, and Mane up top. Harvey on for Thiago around 60’, and Taki for big Div, after he’s helped stake us to a 3 goal lead, otherwise Diaz. Final sub Milly for Naby to see it out late.

won’t mind milly scoring a goal vs leeds

2 Likes

Matip did not play against Džeko last week.

2 Likes

Too scared

Jones!

16 Likes

:joy: and Dzeko was shite

2 Likes

I thought Keita instead of Jones, go smash them redmen.

1 Like