Liverpool vs. Leicester: Kangaroo Cup Quarter-finals, 19:45 Wed 22nd December 2021

Hate the idea of forfeiting, absolute shite.

Pick a weakened team, allow some of the young’uns to get experience and a few senior players to get some minutes into the legs. Try to play some good football, try to win.

The risk of picking up covid on the football pitch is going to be smaller than the risk of picking it up elsewhere. As long as the players are all tested and the teams kept apart off the pitch, the relevant precautions have been taken as far as I’m concerned.

15 Likes

Pep didn’t give much away about line up.

Origi still out.

Hendo available again.

No mention of any further covid cases…yet

Excellent presser from Pep.

Not much to hide or give away either, we will make some changes, but we’ll also try to win the game.

2 Likes

I’m sure that Jürgen and his team will know the personnel, formation and tactics to see us through this game. COYR YNWA :+1::nerd_face:

1 Like

Can’t they just award the Cup to City now ? It’d save a lot of fucking about.

Would be weird since they’re out of it at this stage.

6 Likes

The only thing I care about in that is Henderson didn’t have Covid.

I’m really not bothered and I’m concerned what we will have over Xmas if we start playing players we need.

Really only takes a few more infections and we literally are fucked and though Leicester players might be clear of it there is a crowd of 40,000 there

1 Like

Premier League is a bit more important than the ‘who gives a fuck’ cup.

3 Likes

Sounds like we want to make a fight of it nonetheless. I hope that means we’re putting up a decent team of kids with some fringe senior players and one leader in the team.

1 Like

Of course we’ll try and win the game. It will be a morale booster if we can because there must be a feeling at the moment that things are starting to go against us. Covid outbreaks, shit refereeing decisions, AFCON looming, etc. Just going out there to get beat is only likely to create negativity. Not only that but some fringe players need minutes because they’ll probably end up playing over Christmas now we’ve got 2 games in 3 days. Gomez, Taki, Neco all need a game. Morton could do with another start. Chance for Kaide Gordon maybe. I think we can trust JK not to risk players unnecessarily but no chance he will just give up on this.

9 Likes

The players who need game time are very likely to get it in meaningful matches in the next month or so.

We shouldn’t throw the game, but I’m in favour of playing the kids.

4 Likes

Same thing as every round of this so far, play youngsters, fringe players and first teamers IF they need the minutes for fitness.

Try our best, hopefully win it. If not, we immediately forget about it and move on.

Calls for throwing the game are farcical.

lol … I’d forgotten about that … or never even knew … or whatevah.

Haven’t they scrapped the 2 legs in the semis this year?

To be fair to you, they’ve essentially owned this comp for the last 7 years or so, so it’s easy to just assume the cunts will win it every season.

2 Likes

Not jet, they are thinking about it.

I’m sure it will be fringe players and kids.

1 Like

When I was up in Michigan visiting my daughter over Thanksgiving, I managed to also visit a couple local dispensaries. Have nice fat pre-roll earmarked for tomorrow. I’ll watch (foggy eyed), but won’t be arsed whatever happens. Besides, football without Origi is nothing.

5 Likes

Kelleher, Williams, Gomez, Konate, Tsimikas, Chamberlain, Morton, Milner, Gordon, Firmino, Minamino.

3 Likes

The only question is how much do we rotate. LC have no chance in the PL so it stands to reason that this is their priority. They will put out their first team, we will play out our 1.5 team.