Liverpool vs. Leicester: Kangaroo Cup Quarter-finals, 19:45 Wed 22nd December 2021

Ibrahima Konate and Joel Matip are set to start alongside each other again tomorrow against Leicester City. [@LivEchoLFC]

Gomez injured again??

Could be, or Klopp might just want Matip and Konate to get another game together before Leeds.

Ahhh! Ifti testing his abilities, should be worth a peek.
3-0.

JK needs to pick his team v Leeds on Boxing Day and play what’s left tomorrow. Wouldn’t risk Milner’s hamstring again either.
Kelleher- Williams, Matip and Konate if the Echo is right, Beck—Morton, Keita, Ox - Minamino, Bobby and Gordon.

According to flashscore Leicester have about 9 out and 2 doubtful, mostly defenders. They also know they’re going to be run all over the shop on Boxing Day v City.
All that said I’m finding it hard to be arsed.

2 Likes

They are 10 off 4th spot and have 2 games in hand, if they can find some form and win those 2 games that brings them within 4 points, so I wouldn’t write them off just yet

1 Like

Shame Origi and Nat not available for this.

Read my post above yours.

They have no fit senior centre backs (sound familiar) and Amartey who has played there this season is expected to miss due to his Nigeria call up. They have seven just back from Covid so I suspect they’ll have more options than us but they’ll be missing a few still.

They also haven’t played anything close to a first team in the competition so far. Priorities might have changed since the last round having slid down the league and gone out the Europa but I’m not sure the League Cup will be that high on their agenda.

shit really?

With Robertson suspended, he will start in the next three league games. Play some kid instead.

I wouldn’t give Echo much credibility with regards to probable lineups.

I have a 100% (4/4) record, if I slip, it’s your fault.

2 Likes

Tsimikas not played much so I see him starting and Beck replacing him midway through the second half.

1 Like

They will choke again, they just don’t know it yet.

Are Leeds not decimated by injuries?

There is 10 points seperating 4th and 10th.

Even Palace could eye up a massive jump up the table if others choke, and looking at the table, Arsenal, Utd, West Ham, Spurs Wolves and Leicester all have the ability to choke or self-implode so any one of them could take that 4th spot.

I wouldn’t be ruling anyone from 10th up out just yet

1 Like

It is QF and I like to win wherever possible (so I really do not understand those who would forfeit the match). That being said, we shall not risk any of the 1st teamers, unless they need minutes and rhythm. So it is going to be a balanced team of youngsters and second string players. Alisson, TAA, Matip, Hendo, Salah, Mane and Jota should all be rested and omitted from the starting XI.

Kelleher, Neco, Morton, Minamino are certain starters (subject to not getting Covid or an injury); Gomez and Bobby need minutes after returning from injury, so I believe they will be starting as well. Ox likely to start in midfield after not featuring v. Spurs. There was a claim to start Quansah but I reckon a chance for him might come in the FA cup v. Shrewsbury and Konate plays this game.

Exactly. It might be good for Tsimikas to play a little in order to get in rhythm before two league games he will have to play. He will surely not play the whole match, so either he starts and is then subbed early in the second half or someone else starts at LB (could be Beck or even Neco, who plays as left wing-back for Wales, with Bradley starting as right back) and then Tsimikas enters in the 2nd half.

Thus, in my opinion, we will go with a fairly strong side capable of winning:

----------Kelleher----------
Neco-Gomez-Konate-Tsimikas
—Milner–Morton–Ox—
-Gordon-Bobby-Minamino

Time to win this cunt - of course accidently, with fringe players mostly.

2 Likes

Usually pretty good for injuries

Completely agree, all of this for me as well. I know this competition isn’t as prestigious and the financial reward for the club is minimal, but I want the boys to win everything they possibly can. I also believe we have the squad size to compete.

Having said all of that I feel a little selfish saying that in context of what is happening globally.

1 Like

Isolation can be down to 7 so we might have the ones we lost against Newcastle back early and even Thiago

4 Likes

Cmon let’s win this motherfucking trophy it has been too long.

1 Like

Does that confirm that Kelleher, Tsimikas, and Ox starting tonight???