Liverpool vs. Porto: Champions League, 20:00 Wed 24th November 2021

Seriously guys, the game is barely 24 hours away :roll_eyes:. The fourth game of the group stage and it’s already the deadest of the dead rubbers, that’s the state of the much hyped Group of Death. :rofl:. While Klopp (perhaps a bit nudged by those suits from FSG) would have wanted to field a full-strength team, the spate of injuries will undoubtedly force his hands.

Kelleher
Neco Matip Konate Tsimikas
XXX
Minamino Thiago
Salah Ox Mane

5 Likes

Play the U23s.

5 Likes

Imagine if you hadn’t won the group yet.

I’d die of the shame.

3 Likes

Kelleher
Neco Nat Konate Robbo
Morton
Bradley Milner
Origi Ox Minamino

I know it’s a £2.5 million game but our squad is in tatters with injuries so few to no risks should be taken with first choice players. Not even sure about risking Ox. Real shame that Kaide Gordon isn’t eligible.

2 Likes

Poor Porto…they must be like…

Fuck, another year, another arse kicking.

4 Likes

Must win game.

4 Likes

Alisson
Neco Konate VvD Kostas
Morton Hendo Thiago
Salah Origi Minamino

Subs
Nat for VvD
Ox and Fabinho coming on
Mane for Salah

£2.4m for the win, so Klopp will have to go fairly strong. Kelleher, Neco, Nat, Konate. Tsimikas, Ox, Origi, Minamino should all be starting.

3 Likes

Just throw the fucking game so those dirty twats from Madrid don’t go through. It’d be worth 2mil.

11 Likes

3-0 and I can watch this one. :partying_face:

That’s a good point, would a draw do?

1 Like

Alisson should start if the £2,4m really matter to us.

Wouldn’t start Ox because of his injury record.

Thiago needs another 60 minutes after coming back from injury.

1 Like

When has Kelleher ever let us down? Give the youngster more experience, I say.

15 Likes

I don’t think it is accurate to say the squad is in tatters. Yes, as of this weekend just gone we have 9 players unavailable through injury or illness, but at least three of them are likely to return to training this week (Origi, Keita, Milner) and of the others Gomez isn’t being missed at the moment because all of our other CBs are fit. Curtis and Robbo should be back soon, and Jota maybe too if his knock isn’t too serious (he played for 15 minutes after getting it so fingers crossed its OK).

2 Likes

I like Kellerher.

IMO at least one of Alisson or VvD should start.

Nah , a draw would leave Atletico only needing a draw at Porto in their last game. We have to lose , the more convincingly the better.

1 Like

I hate it when we lose! :cry: Even if it is for a good cause.

3 Likes

Keep your eye on the prize , and stay strong.

1 Like

We need to break out the beans counters…

2.5m cash win

vs

900k draw

vs

Zero prize money? (Can’t verify)

vs

Increased risk% of injury and cost of emergency loan or buy to cover said injury, and knock on effect of other competitions.

1 Like

Play the kids please. And also smash them, they’re shit.

10 Likes