Liverpool vs Southampton: FA Cup fifth round, February 28, Wednesday, 20:00

Nallo sounds like another Koumetio.

:joy:

People also mature mentally at different rates, as we are all aware.

Let’s hope he finally starts to make good on that outstanding potential he showed a few years ago.

3 Likes

No that’s not who I would immediately compare him to. Koumetio is a fantastic passer, long legs, last ditch tackle kind of guy. Not as good in the air as his height would suggest and he has significant concentration issues.

I don’t see the same concentration problems from Nallo and he’s much better aerially but I also don’t think he’s as good a passer. Nallo isn’t as strong but probably a bit better positionally and can play at full back. Jonas is the closest one I’ve compared him to at our academy - for the first team then maybe Gomez would be the apt comparison? It’s not 1-to-1 certainly.

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Wee Jay to lift the FA Cup.

:heart_eyes:

Well I’ve been known to dispatch a few Breakaways or Blue Ribands in my time, odd Kit Kat too, but there is something about a choc digestive dunked in a cuppa.

Nothing quite like it which is why I’m a bit bitter about @SBYM raiding my stash and running off. So cruel, so cruel.

Isn’t this a joke account?

If it’s true anyway it’s honestly not crazy. Lots of these young kids have been playing with Jay in the U21s, he’s helped to guide and develop them into group capable of coming in and playing well for the first team.

I know lots of jokes where made when we brought him back but it’s a model lots of academies have replicated (or did before us) and - while these things are impossible to judge from the outside - seems to have had a positive effect.

If nothing else it’s a calming, experienced influence on the bench that the lads are already used to.

3 Likes

He’s a light-fingered shit!

Jay’s in the pre-match studio.

1 Like

Making his appearance Superman-style?

Getting ready for the panic in two mins when a stronger than expected line up is annoinced

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

Kelleher, Gomez, Quansah, Virgil, Tsimikas, Elliott, McConnell, Clark, Bradley, Gakpo, Koumas.

Yeah, I’m happy to see you too :laughing:

1 Like

9 Likes

A bunch of should be nowhere nears.

Oh God oh no.

:joy:

Very surprised that Virg is starting after his effort on Sunday. Our season is over if he gets injured

2 Likes

STFU

6 Likes

Quansah and Konate would lead us to the title.

2 Likes

Gomez, VVD, Tsimikas, Quasah, and Bradley? Are we going with three at the back?