Liverpool vs Sparta Prague: EL R16, March 14, 20:00

Get well soon, buddy :pray:

2 Likes

oh apologies, I am not familiar with the youth setup and just saw his name in the Europa League registration.

Korma and masala chai, my friend. A nice gulab jamun to wash it down and you’ll be back to abnormal.

There are other sweets/desserts than Gulab Jamun.

Mrs BeKloppt knows about them for sure as Bengalis are very fond of sweets.

2 Likes

We also utterly collapsed.

I’m sorry but we didn’t deserve anything on that second half.

I’m more partial to Rosogolla or Sondesh myself.

1 Like

When you get the flu, come to me and I’ll write you a prescription. Until then, focus on subs.

https://x.com/migueldelaney/status/1767545002941710658?s=46&t=aLG9ncyUrtZ-QtZv0kz6SQ

2 Likes

If we went in 3-0 up at half-time (assuming we converted the 2 nailed-on pens we were denied) then I reckon we’d have seen it out.

3 Likes

More importantly, who cares whether something is deserved or not? How many times have title-winning teams been “lucky to get away with all 3 points”?

The only relevance is that the refereeing should be a non-factor in the result of the game.

Ifs, buts and maybes.

We didn’t perform well enough in that final and got beaten fair and square.

4 Likes

Oh ok let’s mention the 1960s Inter Milan game.

This is exactly why I don’t enter into referee arguments.

Always an example. Yes some exist as corrupt entities some don’t but they are all the same and some seem to completely avoid criticism like Oliver who has now been at the centre of several poor decisions.

1 Like

Sevilla were playing volleyball in their box in the first half and we didn’t get a single penalty. How was that fair and square?

Waiting for @RedJedi to tell us he booked 25 rooms 3 years ago and is willing to sell them at fair transfer value.

4 Likes

Sadly I dont qualify for Europa league games… but Pam (the lady at my gym) is going and she’s also going to Old Trafford on Sunday… so thats really good.

Play the kids, as in the kids of the kids… not the 1st lot of kids. Then big match on Sunday - which I will be in Frankfurt to watch it… randomly.

3 Likes

What’s Pam’s best position? Might need her.

Thierry Henry Smile GIF by hamlet

3 Likes

Makes sense. Aviva is 50k capacity and Croke over 80k. Anyone who can get me a ticket can stay at mine and I’ll drive us down!!

2 Likes

I didn’t see the first leg. Are they quite an old team then?

2 Likes

Not in comparison to you sir, but then, who is?

1 Like