Liverpool vs. West Ham, EFL Cup Quarterfinals, Wednesday December 20, 20:00 GMT

I’d go as strong as possible and try and play into form. Nothing to loose really. We’re well placed and have good depth - in case of injuries.

In general we are better defensively but lack some understanding in the middle (unsurprisingly as most have not played together that long). We’re close but not quite there.

come on yes GIF by Liverpool FC

1-1 even it’s a cup match!

1 Like

Let’s win this and get the mood right for the Arsenal game. A goal for Salah and Nunez would be good for their confidence.

2 Likes

… and 2 assists for the Greek, hungarian lad who’s name I can not spell!

Would be nice but I’d also be a bit narked after carrying Nunez in my FPL team for 6 blank GWs :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I feel for you mate…tough!

Speaking of FPL, when are these pricks updating the GW17? I’ve got Kudus and Konate to come in, Haaland captain points to go to Sterling…that’s 28 points right there & I’m getting restless!!!

Gravenberch really positive, Maca and Jota sound ok.

Doak is a gutting.

I reckon he would have played a big part of this game too…

3 Likes

Jesus f&#cking christ. Only bought a ticket for Doak watch in all…

What am I gonna do now…

Watch Quansah

Kudus.

1 Like

He probably would indeed. Gutted for Doak. It could have been a breakthrough season for him, opportunity was shaping itself because of Salah’s absence in January and Europa League knockout stages. Maybs it means some chances for Kaide Gordon now? Possibly tomorrow already?

Other injury news really positive, especially regarding Gravenberch. He would not start tomorrow anyhow, but if he can at least make the bench, that is a boost. Mac and Jota still out for tomorrow, but it seems Diogo could be cleared for Arsenal (as he needs “two or three days” more) - another boost. Mac getting closer, but is surely ruled out for the next two, which also means Endo’s minutes must be managed tomorrow (I can see Trent assuming the no. 6 duties in the second half).

1 Like

Looks a top drawer player this lad doesn’t he, if he stayed at Ajax another year he could’ve been the 1 to come in for Mo.

Kelleher in goal is us at a disadvantage from the off, what’s happened to Jaros? The arsenal game in far more important so I would make a few changes and have Mo and Co on the bench.

Maybe, maybe not. After Union Saint-Gilloise last week (?) Jürgen said that right now it was simply about what Gordon could do physically, still very much on his rehab track.

I feel like West Ham is too much of a step up for Gordon right now. Not sure he’s physically ready for that level of football.

I think we will go strong.

2 Likes

We have to when you consider what’s left in the competition.

Problem is we’re down to the bones in midfield. Endo is our senior mf right now. Backed up by a chronically out of form Slobozslai and a totally ineffective Curtis Jones. Harvey Elliott has been brilliant but only off the bench. Could be fucking messy.

Their form will turn but yeah they’re not playing great right now. Wonder if we will see Trent play as the 6. It was obvious to me that the defenders found it tough to play out through Endo, Trent gives us that deep play making ability back again.

2 Likes