Liverpool vs. West Ham, EFL Cup Quarterfinals, Wednesday December 20, 20:00 GMT

Alisson
Gomez Konate van Dijk Tsimikas
Szoboszlai Alexander-Arnold Jones
Salah Gakpo Diaz

Something like that, with Nunez to come back in against Arsenal.

Kelleher miles better than Jaros

4 Likes

Well we are only missing potentially two midfielders one should be back on the weekend the other could be.

People have short memories. Kelleher won us this bloody cup just 2 years ago!

6 Likes

This might really go to pens and Iā€™d actually prefer Kelleher for that.

1 Like

Tony

Weā€™re missing 4. McAllister, Gravenberch, Thiago and Bajcetic. not having Thiago and Baj all season lessens the ability to rotate and places extra stress on those available.
As you say hopefully Gravenberch will be available at the weekend because weā€™ll need him, not just on the pitch but on the top of his game. McAllister is out until new year, no way will we rush him back.
Itā€™s our old problem of having a shitload of injuries in the same area of the pitch and itā€™s come at the worst possible time.

2 Likes

Joke

Iā€™m not sure there was much reliance on Thiago. I think itā€™s why we bought Graverberch.

Itā€™s less wafer thin that up top. New year is only after this weekend though isnā€™t it.

Iā€™d go Trent and Endo in midfield, with someone further up (Szobo, or Curtis, etc.). Gomez RB.
Gakpo up front with Nunez ready to come in for the last 20-25 if needed.
The big question for me is who plays wings. We need Salah and Diaz at their most fit in a few daysā€¦

I think Iā€™ll be giving this one a miss tonight. Itā€™s available PPV via DAZN in Germany but Iā€™m already feeling like shite: I had a fever last night and the Bundeswehr trainee that Iā€™m working with has apparently watched the IT Crowd and thinks everything I am telling him is, ā€œhave you tried switching it off and on againā€ (which it essentially is but itā€™s starting to get grating. Iā€™m not sure why he thinks Iā€™m Irish either).

Anyway, Iā€™m sure JĆ¼rgen and the boys can put on a performance without me sitting in front of a TV in the middle of a forest shouting ill-conceived advise.

Tell him youā€™re Richmond and that youā€™ve got scurvy.

I see most of you want to go strong in this one, BUT on Saturday, league leaders Arsenal are coming to Anfield, and they had a full week to rest and prepare for this clash. We need to be reasonably fresh for Saturday. Besides, JĆ¼rgen always rotated heavily in these League Cup quarter-finals. There will be at least 6 changes, possibly 7 or 8. A solution would be to start slightly less strong and then finish the match with a very strong XI (not to mention we want our best penalty-takers on for the end if it ends in a draw).

Kelleher

Bradley-Quansah-VVD-Gomez
Elliott-Endo-Jones
Gordon-Nunez-Gakpo

Then use subs early in the second half (possibly the first one or two at half-time already): Salah in for Gordon, Trent for Endo (whose minutes shall be managed), Tsimi for Bradley, Diaz for Gakpo, Dom for anyone.

Heā€™s not really watching our games concentrated enough, is he?

I mean just on the most basic level, Quansah would play the left side not Konate.

1 Like

Get well soon :pray:

1 Like

I think we might get a reaction tonight.

1 Like

I hope so - I was expecting the reaction to come at Anfield on Sunday, after relying on later winners during generally average performances in the previous weeks.

Expecting a strong line up tonight with a view of getting the reaction, which is much needed, especially if we are to go into the Arsenal game with positivity.

I want to win this cup again given the other 3 teams that have qualified for the SFs. Draw for the SF takes place on Sky Sports after our game is concluded.

1 Like

Dunno we were winning those games at least.