Liverpool vs. Wolves: FA Cup Third Round: Saturday, January 7, 20:00 GMT

We start the quest for our ninth FA Cup against a Wolves side mired in the relegation scrap.

Kelleher
Ramsay Matip Konate Tsimikas
Fabinho
Keita Curtis
Elliott Carvalho Gakpo

1 Like

Probably our only realistic chance of a trophy so no slip up please. Let’s not go out with a whimper.

Another day out at Wembley would be a great end to the season.

We’re gonna need to win this match if we are any chance of a treble.

10 Likes

Drink is not the answer

hahaha…indeed.

A treble would lift my spirits no end, however!

2 Likes

Kelleher Gomez Nat Ibou Tsimikas Bajcetic Milner Keita Doak Gakpo Carvalho

If Milner isn’t ready, then Jones.
If Ramsey is ready, then Gomez on bench.

Well I’m skipping the Brentford post-match thread and heading straight here.

Hopefully we get to see Gakpo’s debut here. Other than that I suspect a couple of younger players will get a nod along with a core of first team players. And Kelleher.

Where is this on Telly? I’m still not arsed paying for DAZN so if it’s on Freeview that would be a bonus (aside from having to mess about with the satellite dish again).

2 Likes

From official website:

The third-round clash will be played at 8pm GMT on Saturday January 7 at Anfield.

ITV will broadcast the game live in the UK.

1 Like

We are playing Wolves my friend, a PL club not one from League two.

Field a proper team, this is the only realistic chance at a trophy this year.

2 Likes

What does a proper Liverpool team look like exactly? If we can’t beat a team 19th in the league at home without a few first teamers then we don’t deserve to be in it. Simple.

Diaz & Jota are out.
Hendo and Bobby are likely doubts.

Otherwise all 4 could easily come in. We’re not in the privileged position of playing likes of Trent Robbo Virg and Mo in this crap. League and CL take priority now.

Kelleher

Gomez - Matip - Konate - Robertson

TrentAA - Bajcetic - Keita

Salah - Nunez - Gakpo

Roll the dice, the season can’t get any worse… Let’s try Trent where he wants to play…

Nunez and Salah both get told for every clear chance they miss they’ll donate 10% pay to a charity.

1 Like

Already got one trophy in the bag remember…

First team for me.

Robbo plays if Firmino fit he also plays, Gakpo to have some involvement as well.

Ramsey and Bajectic are the only ones I’d be looking at as not starters, Kelleher as well but Klopp has played Alisson in this só who knows.

1 Like

Just cannot be motivated for this game. Domestic cups are a “nice to have” but it is the league that is the most important. However… we need form as a team and can use this game to get there.

I would play our strongest possible line up. We need form in the league as a priority and playing a mix of younger and experienced players is not going to do much in that regard…

If we go out of this then our January is a bit barren though it wouldn’t surprise me if Chelsea also went that our fixture against them would be re-arranged, I’m surprised it hasn’t been for one of these midweeks already.

Anyhow win this it’s at home.

Actually does this have replays is that why the week after is free of games?

You’ve not met my wife.

9-0

Gakpo triple hattrick

Α perfect chance for Gakpo to get time with the team at Anfield.

Yep & I can see him quickly gelling with the team and showing us all why we signed him.

Comes across as a calm level headed guy, see no reason why he wouldn’t be able to nail down a first team spot on that left side (until at least Diaz/Jota get back to full fitness)

1 Like

I hope people don’t get their hopes up to high with Gakpo … New League, young bloke who has not played for a while, a team in trouble, what could possibly go wrong … :scream: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like