Liverpool vs. Wolves: FA Cup Third Round: Saturday, January 7, 20:00 GMT

Aye… see you big man…

Not a look to be messed with.

That is a lightweight/schoolboy midfield. We are playing Wolfes, not a League Two site.

Realistic speaking, the FA cup is our only proper chance for a price, lets take ik seriously.

Nah we’re winning no 7 :+1:

7 Likes

Something to save for quotes later :grin:

Any midfield we fielded this season looked pretty lightweight. I would say that, on current form, Bajcetic and Keita are two of the most in-form (and least “lightweight”) ones. Okay, maybe Milner (if he is healthy) alongside Bajcetic and Keita (instead of Jones) to add some physicality.

2 Likes

Good Afternoon Cody,

We only ask that you don’t pick up an injury of any kind…

between now and Wolves.

1 Like

Curtis is there however. Disappointed Firmino isn’t, always tomorrow.

If Cody plays up front on the left, it might be worth giving Ox a crack in midfield. Keep his rhythm going and could be an option there for remaining games.

2 Likes

Given up on top 4 already Maestro?

Not until it’s mathematically impossible, but willing to try almost anything at this point!

1 Like

Should go strong for this but I’d keep Konate and Matip well away.

Kelleher- Trent, Gomez, Phillips, Tsimikas - Keita (if fit!) - Fabinho, Ox - Gakpo, Nunez, Salah.

I fucking hate Wolves and their shithouse, Brexit fans.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t it be lovely if we smashed them with a team consisting primarily of kids?

1 Like

Yes, also if we smashed them with our first 11

1 Like
7 Likes

It’s interesting that he’s talking about the problem with defending starting from the front rather than being a midfield problem…

1 Like

I agree, and was saying the same after the Brentford game…our defence up front not being the same in so many games, especially without Mane and often without Bobby, is affecting so many things.
Yes of course no question that a defensive midfielder will help us massively (and Fabinho having been in bad form this season has hurt us), but on its own won’t be enough with the way we play (or at least want to play).

He did go on to say that he’s not blaming the forwards either so, probably just down to the coaching not filtering through to the players I guess…

1 Like

Well yeah, you can’t blame not having a pressing machine that Mane was anymore, nor Firmino ageing or missing with injury…
New forwards need to be turned into new pressers, and hopefully Nunez and Gakpo (and Diaz when he returns-he already showed some signs), can become that for us…

1 Like

We’re missing Jota and Diaz in this regard, as they are both excellent pressers - Jota in particular.

2 Likes