Liverpool Women

What’s the situation with Rinsola Babajide handing in a transfer request?

1 Like

Yeah after I posted that last night I read the article on The Athletic about her situation. Said the process to find a new manager has unsettled a few of the players. The club saying they won’t grant her request.

A bit of good news for a change, Liverpool vs London Bees finished with a 3-0 victory for the ladies in red!

2 Likes

Liverpool Women vs. Coventry Ladies has been a cracking game. Currently 5-0 to the reds with a few minutes to go. It’s been an excellent performance.

2 Likes

Liverpool Women currently 1-0 up at half time vs. Sheffield United.

It’s being streamed live from the Chesterfield FC stadium for those who want to watch.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1429100337450825&id=67920382572

And 1-0 it finished. 3 points for the Reds, taking us up to 3rd in the Championship. Some of the football wasn’t the greatest and it was a fairly slow affair in the second half. The game was notable for having 3 missed penalties with our 'Keeper suffering a boot to the head during a vital double-save of the 3rd in the 90th minute. Taylor Hinds can probably feel hard done by after being sent off after 2 questionable yellows.

Only one more game this season.

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, it is only the top team that get promoted isn’t it or has that changed?

Can’t see that happening. I think it would have been announced already if they were expanding the WSL

Only having 1 team go up/down seems a bit daft to me.

Durham aren’t likely to drop points at Coventry, so we’ll probably finish 3rd sadly.

On an unrelated note, I read that Babajide is refusing to train with the first team squad.

I think it may have coincided with a dip in team form too. At least the team are playing better now.

1 Like
3 Likes

Maybe Matt Beard comingback indicates an intention to invest in the women’s team again.

2 Likes

Not good indeed. Look very amateurish and look the right arse at the minute

Doh…fell into the trap again…:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I agree, it doesn’t look good on the club’s part, but are we privy to all the facts of the matter? Have the players’ agents divulged the full details?

Firstly, as Kirsty Linnet employs an agent, all communication regarding her contract would have been through her agent, so she shouldn’t expect the club to make direct contact with her.

It appears from Kirsty Linnett’s tweets that her agent “discovered” that the offer had been withdrawn when they tried to “further the negotiations”.

Was the contract on offer subject to acceptance by a certain time, and the agent(s) simply took too long to respond?

Was it a final offer i.e. a take it or leave it offer, not up for further negotiation?

Did Linnett’s agent fully appraise her of all the facts?

Obviously I’m no better informed than anyone else on the forum, the club might have acted badly. But when it comes to football agents I wouldn’t trust them as far as I can spit.

5 Likes

Exactly, there’s two sides to this and I’m not going to condemn the club without all the facts. I’m also not a fan of players taking to social media to slag the club off.

1 Like

I think there is always a danger of jumping to conclusions, especially when we might not be aware of all the facts. In this instance, assuming that the players’ versions of events (or those of their agents) are correct in every detail.

We don’t know when the offers were made or what might have subsequently transpired between the club and the players’ agents.

Based upon Linnett’s tweet it would appear that negotiations had taken place:

…It’s also sad that this situation was only brought to light after my agent had emailed the GM to further the negotiations…

From the expression “to further the negotiations” it is not unreasonable to conclude that the agent had previously indicated that the club’s offer was not acceptable in some way or other, and had requested improvements or made a counter offer. If this were to be the case, then the original offer automatically expires. The club is not obliged to accept the counter offer, to make its own counter offer, or to leave the original offer on the table.

Alternatively, it might have been the case that the offers were conditional upon being accepted by a specified date. If the players’ agents failed to accept the offers by this date, the offers would automatically lapse.

Rather than admit that they had rejected the club’s offer, or that they failed to respond in time, either of which would have shown the agents in a less favourable light, the agents claimed the club had failed to communicate that it had “withdrawn” the offers.

Who can say what actually transpired, but I believe it is wrong to automatically conclude that the club is at fault.

1 Like

https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/barcelona-chelsea-psg-why-europes-super-clubs-are-rising-to/emzbqax7j3m71r4jhl7wo3onj

3 Likes