Loan Watch: 2021/22

Wilson with his 10th assist so far this season.

1 Like

Didn’t he have his career stalled in a way because of injuries? If so, that makes him ahead of the curve…

1 Like

Great Harvey Elliott goal. Definitely think he should be a back up player for us somewhere next season. Probably RW if we stick to 433 or go to 4231.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Still can’t fathom why a lower Prem team didn’t go for him. Last 4 years, done good at all the loan teams in both the Championship and last season in the Prem. Has established himself in the Wales team/squad as well.

Understandable in covid times that no one matched what we valued him at, but as a loan? Think about all those relegation zone teams who would cry out for what he brings.

He started this season at Cardiff shunted out wide in a 442. But since McCarthay has come in, Harry has played really well in the number 10 behind the strikers.

Plus he’s less injury prone than Shaq.

1 Like

Yeah, he played the full game in goalless draw. Well done lad :clap:

I like that lad and really happy that he is doing well. But he is playing at a level that several levels below of becoming even a backup at Liverpool. He needs to play regularly and a more challenging/ambitious level before making the jump to Liverpool.

Burnley made a solid offer while Newcastle was rumored to be interested. In the end we wanted the money none had.

2 Likes

Elliot is playing at a level at least equal to that of Jude Bellingham last season at the same age.
Bellingham is now a full international for England and a regular starter for Dortmund and playing in CL.
If Elliot wasn’t ours already he’d likely go a similar path next season. In my opinion he’ll definitely be ready to contribute here next season.

2 Likes
  • Salah

• Mané

• Firmino

• Jota

• new CF (Jota level in price and quality)

• Elliott

Sell Origi and Shaqiri

Not sure what to do with Taki.

2 Likes

Millar started for Charlton subbed off at half time and they lost 0-3 at home.

1 Like

Ojo with assist tonight as Cardiff beat Derby 4-0.

1 Like

Oh dear!!!

1 Like

Pleasantly surprised that Sepp van den Berg has started in last five games for PNE. Any idea how he performed?

I have read he’s been playing at left back not sure if true.

1 Like

RB, according to various reports.

Sorry that’s what I meant to say.

1 Like

Peanuts for this lot
Morgan Boyes (Fleetwood Town/U23)
Adam Lewis (Plymouth)
Liam Millar (Charlton)
Tony Gallacher (Toronto/U23)

Sheyi Ojo (Cardiff City): Regular at Championship level and contracted till 2023. Can get some decent fee.

Taiwo Awoniyi (Union Berlin): Having a pretty good season and contracted till 2023. Can get some decent fee.

Loris Karius (Union Berlin): Probably another loan spell before finally going away.

Kamil Grabara (AGF Aarhus): Contracted till 2022, can get some decent fee.

Anderson Arroyo (Salamanca): Contract expires this summer.

Marko Grujić (Porto): Contracted till 2023. Sell while he can still get some decent fee.

Harry Wilson (Cardiff City): Same as Ojo, but will command a better fee.

Harvey Elliott (Blackburn Rovers) Keep

Sepp Van den Berg (Preston North End) Keep!!!

Vitezslav Jaroš (St. Patrick’s Athletic/U23) No idea

Wilson and Awoniyi are my hopes for a decent fee this summer. Maybe Grujic, though I feel that loan went unimpressive so far. Awoniyi’s gone off the radar a bit recently though. Wilson is a constant regular and international.

2 Likes

I would happily take £25 million for the lot. Another £35 million from Origi, Shaqiri and Takumi. FSG can chip in with whatever needed to complete the summer signings.

Even in the current market we will get more.

1 Like

Think Karius is on his last year no?

1 Like