Luis DIAZ: 2021/22

Yooravvinerlarfaincha?

Bob’s yer uncle, guv’.

Jurgens been chatting to SSN about Luis - a decent read.

I liked the last bit

"Nothing has happened yet.

"Yes, the start has been really good. But he is a long-term project for us and we are a long-term project for him.

“There is loads more to come.”

4 Likes

It’s unfortunate he’s stuck with this Colombia team. The lack of direct attacking intent from Rueda’s team makes Dyche look like Bielsa sometimes. He seemed to do well at the Copa AmĂ©rica, but he’s looked completely blunted since. I’m not convinced Rueda knows how to use him.

Nice to see him score, seems they all got through ok anyhow

1 Like

Great goal last night, cant wait for him to bang these in for us

10 Likes

That was Origi-esque :rofl:

3 Likes

Reminded me more of Coutinho and Mané actually

1 Like

Reminds me of Manes first goal for our club, at the Emirates.

Premier League Football GIF by Liverpool FC

2 Likes

This looks eerily similar to the goal that Mane scored against Arsenal in his debut match for us (mirror image ofcourse)

didn’t see your post
 but yeah same thoughts

Yes, eerily similar to some of their goals. I remember Origi doing it a couple of times a year or two ago.

1 Like

Lucho has another Liverpool Edits video dedicated to the Columbia game up on YouTube:

1 Like

Nah, reminds me much more of different goal from Mane against Arsenal (0:44):

1 Like

Was looking a little bit at his numbers so far in his whole senior career, club and country.

299 games, 74 goals, 27 assists.

I’ve found the number of appearances and goals from his time at Barranquilla (2nd tier in Colombia), but not the number of assists.

So, a goal involvement of pretty much 1 in 3.

More important for us and easier to compare, he left Porto with 41 goals and 19 assists in 125 games, so that’s a 1 in 2 goal involvement.

Not trying to say that’s bad, it’s not bad at all, but hopefully in coming seasons, now being at a top level team, he can increase that end product.

1 Like

Diaz is saving it for Man City. Cuts inside, bends it into far corner, Ederson looks even more flummoxed than his usual gormless self. Rinse, repeat. FA Cup. Premier League.

1 Like

Diaz not going to Q22

Happy So Excited GIF

5 Likes

I’m seeing enough from him to suggest any lack of goals is more due to luck rather than other factors.

Anyhow sad for him he doesn’t play in a World Cup but no doubt it will

2 Likes

He’s fucking electric! Love him.

4 Likes

Fast becoming my second fave behind Robbo.

5 Likes