Luis DIAZ: 2021/22

You are right @mattyhurst he is proving to be a favourite. He appears to have bought into the team ethic that Klopp bestows. Unlike some other players in the club down the road. Perfect scouting.

2 Likes

He’s so good at so many things.

There was a point yesterday when somebody punted a rather aimless a long ball towards him. He wins the the header and retains possession.

He holds defenders off and keeps the ball, his link up play is great, the header for Mane’s goal was perfect, the runs in behind were well timed, he won the ball back for that Jota chance at the end.

When he plays like that he looks like one of the best players in Europe. He’s a complete footballer.

12 Likes

Guys in the scouting/recruitment team are really earning their pay cheques.

1 Like

Just wait till he’s had a proper pre-season with Jurgen and co :heart_eyes:

3 Likes
11 Likes

What a moody sod that Mane is

2 Likes

What a nutter, had no idea what he said in the post-match interview with Robbo.

:joy:

1 Like

Debating where this article should go, whether in today’s post-match thread, or here. Match thread tends to disappear after a while, so here it is.

Díaz took the mickey. He pranced about. He made risky little mocking turns and flicks. He looked, above all, like a man enjoying himself, which is in itself an affront to City’s sense of self.

10 Likes

Is there a heterosexual male fan of Liverpool who doesn’t love this man?

1 Like

Loved that article, thanks

I’d fucking hate to mark him.

5 Likes

He’s got that Mane like quality about him where even there is no keeping him quiet. You can keep him off the scoresheet and you stop him creating a goal, but the effort required to do that leaves them a shaky mess that other team mates can ultimately exploit.

6 Likes

Said in the match thread, City kicked the shit out of him all match to hurt him, like it was personal. These weren’t simple tactical fouls, they were literally kicking him down all day. He will feel it tomorrow.

There is no limit for Luis at Liverpool. Unbelievable work rate and desire, this coaching staff will continue to grow him into his limitless potential.

Luis Electric / Luis Chaos

3 Likes

I remember Robertson getting caught and I saw Diaz bomb it back and he caught up with the player. The guy also has that knack of the ball sticking to his feet. Joy to watch.

5 Likes

That €45.00m is already looking like a bargain. Man, that Mikey guy done some voodoo during his time.

1 Like

Can we take a moment to appreciate this wizard.

8 Likes

Slowed the game down.

:joy:

2 Likes

He’s absolutely brilliant. Love him already.

1 Like

I think one of the great things about the Diaz signing, is not so much how good he has been but how seemlessly he has slotted into the squad.

Many of us will remember Asprilla’s arrival at Newcastle when they were fighting for the league under Keegan. Prior to his arrival the team played really well as a unit. Asprilla came in, was brilliant, but the team as a unit didn’t function as well as it had before and they missed out on the title.

5 Likes

Jota fit in seamlessly, also, wouldn’t you say? As did Virg and Ali.

1 Like