Luis Diaz (LW) Porto

I’d be very surprised if Porto had done anything wrong here. AFAIK they never accepted Spurs bid, and why would they be locked into accepting an offer that wasn’t favourable to them (add-ons unlikely to activate, not enough money up front which they needed)?

1 Like

With money, generally. It’s one thing to let 3rd parties know of separate discussions but another thing entirely to let them know of terms. Still, these things move too quickly for clubs to be able to do much about it at the time. Spurs may well look to Arbitration (basically squeeze some money out of us) if they feel they have genuine cause for complaint or they may just put it down to fairly usual transfer murkiness, that they would have been more than happy to have found themselves the other side of!

1 Like

No new news but everyone seems to love Fabrizio these days.

3 Likes

My main concern is what this means for Mbappé’s role next season. Maybe we’ll play him through the middle. You know, for when Jota’s being rested.

4 Likes

Didn’t Diaz reject spurs and said something along the lines that he wanted to play for a higher standard club?

Pipe Sierra, the respected Colombian football journalist was on the ball from the begin with this signing as well.

2 Likes

The player in question didn’t want to go to Spurs. Even if the club had accepted the offer , The player could still have refused to join.

Throwing it back to you that it’s more likely to help the Salah situation. Mo could well have been waiting for a signal from the club of their ambition to win the top trophies. He may well factor this in to his price.

3 Likes

That would be on Porto though?

1 Like

No, inducing breach of contract would be on us. Actual breach of contract would be on Porto. Both parties would have liability if causation was shown.

4 Likes

Well after receiving zero tips on how to improve my physique to @SBYM levels I’m off to take my little one and 7 year old son to the swimming pool.

Water levels will rise.

3 Likes

Beach Keep Up GIF by ADWEEK

1 Like

Looking good there @Kopstar

3 Likes
9 Likes

Yay! Nice bit of work.

1 Like

Great job! Welcome to Anfield!

1 Like
3 Likes