Luis Diaz (LW) Porto

I guess you really are what you eat.

4 Likes

Lean and hungry, son.

yes but a week is a long time in football…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Kenny bought Carroll. You can’t pin that one on Rodgers. Rodgers didn’t have the investment that the sale of Coutinho afforded Jurgen. Fortunately, Klopp spent it well in establishing a spine that was sorely needed.

Please don’t get injured!

1 Like

Sorry if it was construed as such, but I didn’t really mean to link Rodgers and Carroll. separate sentences, just don’t like having a target man when we play the ball out on the deck.

2 Likes

I wonder what’s going through Klopps mind here.

3 Likes

“We’re smashing them, they’re shit”

1 Like

He had a mazy run in that game when Porto were attacking the Annie Road, it’s also then when I thought “we must be following this guy” (of course, we were linked/mentioned with him by that time).

1 Like

No, but Rodgers did have the Suarez money, and enough cash another year on to buy Benteke for £32.5m, so lets not pretend there wasn’t money being spent while he was here.

5 Likes

Firstly Suarez was sold for 65 million. We spent half that on a replacement.
Secondly - how would you rate Benteke to Suarez? Suarez is a fucking genius.
So really Rodgers replaced a genius with a good player, but not the one we needed. Then he got given Balotelli. Enough said.

Yes, we’ll never win a major trophy without him.

7 Likes

OK what are you trying to say? Rodgers was useless? FFS he almost won us the prem.

1 Like

Nobody is irreplaceable. Suarez wasn’t, we just did a terrible job of it. Salah isn’t either. It’s just difficult.

4 Likes

No, not useless. But certainly had character flaws that led to the decline of a promising side that came close to winning the title.

You’re implying Rodgers had little or no cash to spend. He had the money from both the Suarez and Sterling sales, and he fought the recruitment team to bring in players such as Benteke who were a poor fit for the team he had. And rather than take responsibility for such poor decision making he continued to blame everybody else.

He ultimately got sacked because he wouldn’t stop fighting others within the club.

4 Likes

Granted - it is a figure of speech. Not meant to be taken literally. The context was that Suarez was central to that squad. He was goal scorer, provider , talisman and brought others into the game. We were awesome. When he left it was a massive hole to fill. You just have to see what he achieved at Barca afterwards to really appreciate that. Utterly brilliant. And our replacement - Benteke. A very good player, but no Suarez.

BR chat here:

4 Likes

He wasn’t the replacement, he came the following season - at Brendan’s behest having missed out on Bony. After spending a season watching a team struggle with little pace his option was this guy, while waving goodbye to Raheem the same window.

Luis Suarez hungry? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: