Luis Diaz (LW) Porto

It’s increasingly coming to the point that Liverpool would need to pay off the remainder of the contract of Karius to see him leave if only to open up a non homegrown slot.

I don’t think his wages are that high for Liverpool to not do so. Still on the 25k a week i guess. That would probably be 500k to 600k at max till the end of his contract. Seems the most prudent thing to do if we want to keep minamino and hold out for a decent bid for Origi in the summer.

Don’t need him to leave, under no obligation to list him.

3 Likes

So we can continue to pay him ?

Wouldn’t it be the same as paying off his contract early ?

2 Likes

So if we bought Mo and Mane at 24 yet to reach their peak why does it stand to reason that this guy is past his peak at 25?

1 Like

Just saying that it could be more likely that he’s a final product when he comes here with not much further scope for improvement. Liverpool generally don’t buy finished proven strikers , not after Torres at any rate. They buy works in progresses at a younger age who have the capability to improve more.

Someone at 23/24 has more time to be at his peak for a longer time in Liverpool than someone who’s 25 and might have already touched his ceiling as a footballer.

He could be a late bloomer and there would be other factors obviously that the scouting team would have seen.

I hate to break it to you but Salah was 25 when joined us. Literally just turned 25 a week before joining. This Diaz guy has also only just turned 25 two weeks ago. There may be good reasons for him not to be the player for us, I don’t know coz I know ziltch about him but I’m pretty sure him being 25, and exactly the same age as Mo was bar the difference of one week, isn’t one of them.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Joyce has spoken.

4 Likes

I agree @rab, I believe there is something to this. Now Maddock and Jones are running with this in the last 10 minutes.

There’s also been a young Colombian man Pipe Sierra on Twitter, seemingly connected, thats been maintaining for days Diaz to Liverpool was/is a real possibility.

And just repeating what I posted early days of the Diaz talk, I’m a bit surprised this is who we will spend this level investment on. And that’s no shade on Diaz, just that this fee is by no means a “bargain”. Club must really love the player.

2 Likes

Apparently Porto are falling foul of ffp so he has to be sold this window. Imagine all the FSG out / don’t spend guys now.

2 Likes

Hahaha. Small clubs be declined…

6 Likes

Such significant purchase in the January window is very unusual.

1 Like

Nearly officiall… come on Reddy…

1 Like

Big test of Julian Ward this. His previous recommendations for Iberian-based players are wholly uninspiring.

2 Likes

Got to be a summer target that we’ve brought forward when the opportunity for a deal lower than his buyout arose and the competition heated up.

Suspect the likelihood of a Sadio move in the summer increase with this.

3 Likes

Sounds reasonable. But considering we have rejected an offer for Takumi, it seems rather odd.

Divock to go i guess

1 Like

My bad.

1 Like

I suspect that might just be part of the game. Had some interest, feed that story out to the usual types, flush out any more interested parties, pump that sale price best we can.

I reckon both would be gone with reasonable offers should the Diaz deal go through.

1 Like

Please don’t send me a link with YouTube highlights.

I could destroy his career like I did with the Serbian Messi Lazar Markovic.

1 Like